School-Parent Compact 2018-19
Marshall Leadership Academy School-Parent Compact 2018-19
GPISD MISSION STATEMENT
We will ensure student success through engaging learning experiences, collaborative leadership, and a focus on maximizing student achievement.
The Marshall Leadership Academy Mission Statement
Marshall Leadership Academy develops tomorrow’s leaders through strong academics, rigorous instruction and loving relationships. We foster successful achievers who are confident in their abilities to create a vision, seek to positively influence, work in service, and strive to develop the vision in cooperation with others and our school community.
The Marshall Leadership Academy Staff, Administrators, and the parents of the students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) (participating children), agree that this compact outlines how the parents, the entire school staff, and the students will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State’s high standards.
Marshall Leadership Academy Administrators and Staff will:
• Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that supports children in meeting the State’s student academic achievement standards.
• Provide parents with frequent reports on their children’s academic and behavioral progress. In each classroom we will
provide progress reports through Parent/Teacher conferences, samples of student work, updates on reading, writing and
math assessments. We will initiate a parent contact at the first signs of a pattern of behavior that interferes with student
• Set high expectations for staff, students and parents by ensuring challenging curriculum, implementing programs
targeted at increasing student achievement and committing to recruit, retain, and train qualified staff. Also,
highlight/prepare ways that the parent can advance the learning environment at home.
• Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, and to observe classroom activities, as
defined by grade level teams and district guidelines.
• Provide and promote parents with educational and support workshops, volunteer training and family activities.
• Provide parents reasonable access to the administrators and staff.
Marshall Leadership Academy Principal: GORDON CARLISLE
Marshall Leadership Academy Parent Responsibilities
We, as parents, will support our children’s learning in the following ways:
1. Establish routines to support my child’s success in school:
o appropriate bed time
o monitor attendance o homework & reading
o grooming & hygiene.
2. Communicate the significance of success in school & its relationship with success in life.
3. Provide a volunteer time to the school during the school year.
4. Ensure that my child attends school on a regular basis and arrives at school on time.
5. Make sure that my child’s homework is completed and returned to school on time.
6. Stay informed about my child’s education and communicate with the school by promptly reading all notices from the
school or the school district either received by my child or by mail and responding as appropriate.
Type your first and last name- Counts as an electronic signature
First and last name
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Grand Prairie ISD.