HARCOURTS ART CHALLENGE 2022 - ENTRY FORM
The aim of the Arts Collective Whangamata/Harcourts Art Challenge is to foster and encourage artists living and working in the Coromandel Peninsula. The competition is open to artists in Coromandel, Bay of Plenty and Waikato.
The winning 3 prizes in each category are proudly donated by HARCOURTS WHANGAMATA.
All the artworks are available for viewing and for sale during the “Big Arts Day Out” event.
The “Big Arts Day Out” will be held at the Memorial Hall, Port Road, Whangamata in conjunction with the Arts Collective/Harcourts Challenge. This will be preceded by a night of music, wine and canapes on Friday 4th February, 5:00 – 8:00 pm. Tickets will be available at the Harcourts Whangamata office & Whangamata Information Centre in January.
Supreme Winner from the top 2D and 3D - Trophy
1st Places from 2D and 3D
2nd Places from 2D and 3D $250
3rd Places from 2D and 3D $100
1st place – trophy and $250
2nd place - $150
3rd place - $75
Highly commended - $25
We would like to thank our Sponsors. We really appreciate your contribution to make this Challenge happen for our Arts Community.
Conditions of Entry and dates to remember for the Arts Collective Harcourts Challenge
1. Themes: “Looking Back: Looking Forward”; Youth Theme – “Thinking Outside the Square”. Art work to represent the theme.
2. Artwork may be in any medium; must have sufficient hooks and be ready to hang
3. Entry is open to Coromandel Peninsula, Waikato & Western BOP residents.
4. The selection of the artwork to be exhibited is the decision of the Whangamata Arts Collective Executive Committee and no further discussion regarding the selection will be entered into.
5. Maximum of 2 entries per person, no multiples unless part of a triptych. Total size of the artwork must not exceed 1.25m W x 1.50m H.
6. Entry fee: Members - $20 first piece and $10 for the second piece. Non-Members - $40 first piece and $10 for the second piece. Youth Award entry – no charge.
7. All work must be the original, sole work of the artist and have been completed in the last 12 months.
8. All artwork must be professionally presented and clearly identified – See tag example overleaf.
9. All artworks must be for sale and must stay for the duration of the exhibition. Any item sold will attract 10% commission. This will be donated to a local charity.
10. Entry forms must be submitted by January 21, 2022. Enter online via our website:
Hard copy of Terms and Conditions are available from Harcourts. Online payments can be made to the Arts Collective Bank account number: 02-1254-0026782-000 (please use your name as a reference).
11. Artworks must be delivered to Whangamata Memorial Hall on Thursday 3rd February, between 9am and 12 noon. In the event of this not being possible, works may be sent (to be received by or before Tuesday 1st February) by courier to: Arts Collective, c/o Graeme Smith, 113 Pacific View Drive, Whangamata 3620.
Please send sufficient return postage or courier tickets with your entry (these will be sent back to you if not needed.)
12. Artworks must be collected between 4 and 4:30pm Sunday 6th February. If collection cannot be made in person please nominate someone to pick up for you.
13. All risk, insurance and courier costs are the responsibility of the artist.
Arts Collective Whangamata takes all care but no responsibility for your artwork.
Enter online via our website
Dates to remember:
Friday 21st January – deadline for entry forms
Tuesday 1st February - couriered Artwork to be received
Thursday 3rd February - 9am – 12 noon – Artworks to be delivered Memorial Hall Whangamata
Friday 4th February - Judging of challenge and winners notified.
Friday 4th February, 5-8pm - Wine and Cheese Prizegiving – at Memorial Hall.
Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th February - Artworks on display and for sale during the “Big Arts Day Out” weekend.
Sunday 6th February, 4 - 4:30pm – Artworks to be collected from Memorial Hall (unless sold)
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Please add your details to the fields below
Bank Account Details (for payment of sale or prizemoney)
Conditions of Entry
I have read and agree to the conditions of entry (see above in description)
Is this a Youth Award entry?
I am a Member of the Arts Collective Whangamata
Art Entry One
Please complete one or both sections to enter your artwork.
2D or 3D
Art Entry Two
2D or 3D
Artwork Label Example - Label should be on a string and able to be seen on hung artwork, and will later be tucked behind. On smaller items or items that are not hung, please repeat this information and put a secure sticker underneath the item.
Maximum of two entries per person and all entries to be received by 21 January 2022. Entry fee to be paid to:
Bank Account Number: 02-1254-0026782-000
Particulars: Your name
Members - $20 first piece/$10 second piece
Non-Members - $40 first piece/$10 second piece
I have paid the required entry fee into the above bank account
I am sending a cheque
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service