Crab Trap Round Up
J24 BOTY #1
Saturday October 8th, 2022
THE FLORIDA YACHT CLUB
NOTICE OF RACE
1. RULES: The regatta will be governed by the 2021-2024 Racing Rules of Sailing, the current rules of the First Coast Sailing Association, the Notice of Race (except as any of these are altered by the sailing instructions) and by the Sailing Instructions.
1.1 Race management is The Florida Yacht Club. Advanced registration will be required. Skippers meeting will be communicated on the water Channel 71. We ask that boats return to their home slip and return by vehicle to the sailing center for awards and food after sailing. If you require a slip for after sailing – you must contact DUSTIN in advance to get assigned a slip.
2. ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY:
2.1 Spinnaker, Non-Spinnaker, and Cruiser classes.
2.2 All boats must have a valid FCSA PHRF rating. (J24’s racing the BOTY#1 without a PHRF rating will not be eligible for the PHRF trophies.)
2.3 All boats shall have their numbers on the mainsail and spinnakers.
2.4 Eligible boats may enter by completing the online registration
3. SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Saturday October 8th
On the Water Check-In and skippers meeting
Warning Signal First Race
Awards, Beer, and Burgers following the completion of racing at the FYC Sailing Center.
4. FEES: Regatta Entry $60.00 Fee includes 5 meal tickets for cookout after racing
5. SAILING INSTRUCTIONS: The sailing instructions will be emailed to all who register on Friday September 17th after registration closes.
6. VENUE: The racing will be in the St. Johns River as depicted on NOAA Chart 11492 between the Buckman Bridge to the south and the Fuller Warren Bridge to the north.
7. COURSE: The race course(s) will be posted on a whiteboard on the starboard side of the Signal Boat.
8. SCORING: The Low Point Scoring System, Appendix A2, will be used.
9. PENALTY SYSTEM: Decisions of the protest committee will be final per RRS 70.4.
10. PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded based on participation. BOTY #1 will be scored separately.
9. FURTHER INFORMATION: Dustin Domer, Jr Program Director at 904-677-4860 or Dustin@thefyc.org