Our vision is for everyone to have enough money, meaning and friendship to THRIVE. If you are a goal oriented person Circles RVA might be the support system you need to move from surviving to thriving.
Our participants are called “Circle Leaders” because they are leading the change they want to see in their lives.
Circles RVA might be for you if:
• You are frustrated and overwhelmed about just “getting by” and want to learn about ways to get ahead.
• You are ready and willing to make changes to move out of poverty.
• You seek increased access to resources, including financial resources.
• You are underemployed, or you are able and willing to work and/or might benefit from job training.
• You are willing to help others by sharing your talents and gifts, your experience and wisdom.
• You are not actively abusing alcohol or drugs, or have been in recovery for at least six months.
Circles RVA is NOT for you if:
• You are in crisis. Circles is not a crisis assistance program and cannot help with immediate, emergency needs.
• You are facing an active domestic abuse situation.
Successful Circle Leaders:
• Set financial goals and make progress on their plan to earn more income.
• Attend the weekly meetings and use available community resources to help them achieve their plan.
• Support other Circle Leaders and build relationships with Circle volunteers.
• Use their knowledge and skills as problem solvers to work on poverty issues in the community.
• Share their strengths, help address barriers to poverty in the Richmond area and give back to the community.
What to expect in Circles RVA:
• Attend, participate and graduate from the 12 to 14‐week Circle Leader Training, held on Tuesdays, 6:00 p.m. to
8:00 p.m. Each meeting includes a free dinner and a free children’s program.
• After training, Circle Leaders make a commitment to follow their goals and attend weekly meetings.
• Circle Leaders are matched with two Circle Allies from the community. Allies are volunteers and intentional
friends who commit to provide encouragement and connect you and your family to resources as you work to
achieve your goals.
** Circles continues to monitor health and safety recommendations and plans to return to meeting in person weekly September 2022. The next Circle Leader class will begin in the fall of 2022.**
The process is simple:
1. Complete the electronic application.
2. A representative from Circles RVA will contact you after you submit a completed application.
3. Meet with the Circles RVA selection committee to learn if Circles is a good fit for you.
For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 1 888 447 2782.