Building on the legacy of artists and designers of color, the Alumni Artist Project Award seeks to expand access to funding to artists and designers that have been historically excluded from institutional support.
Awardees will need to submit a brief report in December 2019 on the progress or completion of their projects. The award supports projects completed before or by December 2019, as well as ongoing projects beyond the report submission date. Awardees will be asked to briefly present on their projects at Reunion 2019, which will take place December 14, 2019. Full details of what the report needs to include will be given to awardees at a later time.
All applicants are automatically eligible for future professional development opportunities made available by The Parsons Scholars Program. Applicants whose submissions do not get selected are eligible to receive notes from the selection committee regarding their applications as feedback for future submissions and opportunities.
Questions? email: ParsonsScholars@newschool.edu
1. Alumni of the Parsons Scholars Program who graduated from the program before June, 2019. 2. Artists and designers whose creative practice would benefit from financial support. 3. Individuals as well as collaborative groups can apply.
1. Projects that expand the artist’s practice 2. Ability for artist to describe how this opportunity would benefit them at this time 3. Clarity of timeline and budget
*The selection committee will include a mix of arts professionals that are not necessarily direct staff or faculty of the Parsons Scholars Program.
2. Project Description You will be asked to describe your project idea and how it relates to your current artistic practice. Please note that we understand that projects may change or shift over time and deviate from your original proposal, and that’s ok! There is no word limit to this response, but we ask that you be clear, and concise in your response.
3. Statement of NeedYou will be asked to describe why you need this funding and how you would benefit from this opportunity. There is no word limit to this response, but we ask that you be clear, and concise in your response.
4. Project Timeline Preview an example of a Project Timeline here: https://tinyurl.com/sample-timeline-aapa You can use the project timeline template if you’d like to, but it’s not required! https://tinyurl.com/project-timeline-template-aapa
5. Project BudgetPreview an example of a Project Budget here: https://tinyurl.com/sample-budget-aapa You can use the project budget template if you’d like to, but it’s not required!https://tinyurl.com/project-budget-template
6. Supporting Materials This section is optional and gives you the opportunity to submit anything else you’d like the committee to see, such as a pdf of your portfolio or related work, writing, other documentation, etc.
7. Impact You will be asked to describe the impact the Parsons Scholars Program has had in your life.
Preview the application questions here: https://tinyurl.com/2019-application-questions Preview an example of a Project Timeline here: https://tinyurl.com/sample-timeline-aapa Preview an example of a Project Budget here: https://tinyurl.com/sample-budget-aapa
2. Make sure you complete the entire application, only complete submissions will be reviewed.
3. All applications due by June 2nd at midnight.