Santa Cruz Jewish Genealogy Society "Research Jewish Genealogical Resources on the Internet" with Daniel Horowitz, Genealogy Expert at MyHeritage
RSVP Details: : The ZOOM link will be released the week of the event. In order to receive the link please complete the contact questions below.
Non-Member $5.00 Donation Please click on the PayPal Link below.
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Contact Info: Mailing Address and phone (optional)
Research Jewish Genealogical Resources. (Event Description)
Learn about the main repositories for Jewish Genealogy available on the internet. This program will illustrate how to search efficiently in different Jewish (JewishGen, GesherGalicia, JRI-Poland and Jewish Genealogy Societies like IGRA and IGS) and not-Jewish (FamilySearch, Ancestry, MyHeritage) databases, to find the information you are looking for; even if you don't know it existed. Daniel will also help you overcome the barrier of the language with a basic lesson of Hebrew, focusing on the tombstones terminology and how to translate efficiently to English; as many of the Jewish repositories available are only in Hebrew.
Dedicated to Genealogy since 1986, Daniel was the teacher and the study guide editor of the family history project "Searching for My Roots" in Venezuela for 15 years. He was a board member of The International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies (IAJGS) for 10 years, now is involved in several crowdsource digitization and transcription projects, and holds a board-level position at The Israel Genealogy Research Association (IGRA). Since 2006 Daniel has been working at MyHeritage liaising with genealogy societies, bloggers, and media, as well as lecturing, and attending conferences around the world.
Membership Information and Benefits
• Free admission to interesting and informative programs
• Google Group Newsletter and Announcements
• Mentoring and guidance with your research questions
• Opportunity to join research discussion group
• Opportunities to network with others locally as well as national experts
• Featured Lectures and Speaker Handouts
• Receive links to informative webcasts and online classes to advance your knowledge and skills
• Notices of national and international conferences on Jewish genealogy
• Genichat a member-only online discussion group
Membership Annual 2021 Dues;
• Individual annual membership ($25) for a single person
• Dual membership ($35) for two people who live at the same address
• Supporting membership ($60) for those who want to provide extra support to the Society.
For More Information and Questions:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service