Brown County, Kansas is seeking citizens to take the following broadband speed test survey. (3 - 5 minutes)
The data in this survey is being collected by Brown County, KS in order to:
- Identify areas of Brown County that are unserved or under served by broadband high-speed internet.
- Identify corresponding demands for such services, in order to find solutions and prove the case on grant applications.
By participating in this survey, you are agreeing that Brown County may seek to contact you to follow up on the data that you provide in this survey. In addition, Brown County may use your information to analyze pockets of broadband service request around the county. This information may be shared with relevant broadband service providers or the Kansas Department of Commerce's Broadband Office in an effort to identify service solutions, including the form of grant applications.
- Broadband Internet: Broadband is internet access that is always on and faster than traditional dial-up access.
- Mobile: Mobile broadband is internet access that uses cellular telephone infrastructure, accessed in conjunction with devices such as smartphones, tablets, or air cards for laptops.
- Satellite: Satellite internet delivers broadband speeds via satellite equipment generally installed on the roof of a home or business and requires a clear view of the southern sky.
- Underserved: Homes or businesses that have little or poor/slow internet access.
- Unserved: Homes or businesses that have NO access to internet.