EqualiTECH 2020 Application Form
Civil Rights Defenders (CRD) and Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova (FLOSSK) are opening the call for the second regional hackathon, EqualiTECH 2020, that will deal with human rights issues.
EqualiTECH is a regional hackathon held in order to use the technological potential of young people in the Western Balkans for the fight against injustice and inequality. While many steps are being taken towards equal opportunities and justice in the Western Balkans, there is still a lot of work to be done for everyone to have equal access and rights and to rely on the justice system. Participants are challenged to use their knowledge and capacities as human rights advocates and activists to create technological solutions that will support human rights in the Western Balkans.
EqualiTECH hackathon will focus on four challenges:
1. Access to legal services for marginalized communities;
2. Identifying friendly places for minority groups;
3. Identifying the challenges that human rights organizations are facing with access to justice during the COVID-19 pandemic;
4. Addressing access to information during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Two cash prizes will be awarded for the two teams with the winning solutions:
1. First Place - 2,500€
2. Second Place - 1,500€
You can apply both as an individual and as a team with no more than 4 people per team. If you think that you have a good idea for one of the challenges but you don’t have a group, there is a chance that you can pair up with other people during the hackathon. The criteria for participating are:
1. All individuals must be between 18-35 years of age;
2. Must work (HR activists or advocates) or have an interest (tech candidates) in combating discrimination, upholding human rights for minorities and underrepresented groups, and ensuring freedom of expression;
3. Tech candidates must be skilled in using programming language or tools and/or graphic design software;
4. All candidates must be able to collaborate within a team;
5. Must have a passion for problem-solving and analytical thinking;
6. Preference will be given to individuals with proven experience or passion in combating human rights violations;
7. Candidates are encouraged to adopt open source solutions from elsewhere. Code from winning solutions will be released as open source in the spirit of helping fellow activists.
For more information visit
Name and Surname
What is your profession? Note: If you are a student, please write down your field of study:
If you are applying as a team, please provide the name and surname, email addresses, telephone number, and profession of every member:
What challenge are you applying for?
Access to legal services for marginalized communities
Identifying friendly places for minority groups
Identifying the challenges that human rights organizations are facing with access to justice during COVID-19 pandemic
Addressing access to information during the COVID-19 pandemic
Please provide a summary of your (and your team's) prior experience in the field of human rights activism and/or technology (200 words):
Why do you (and your team) want to take part in EqualiTECH 2020? (200 words)
Please provide a brief summary of your idea (tweet your idea):
Do you have any other comment you think is relevant for your application?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of FLOSSK.