Exciting news! Shanna in a Dress (aka, Shanna Hoar) has big plans for the Summer of 2021: a cross-country bike tour to raise money for the Pangaea World Foundation (www.pangaeaworldfoundation.org
). We are still in the early stages of planning and need your help to make it happen. We also want folks to join us on the ride!
This survey is just to get some initial interest so we can tell you more when our plans are in better shape. By filling out this survey, you're not making any sort of commitment (neither are we!).
Here are a few things to know about how we are approaching this part of the project:
- Shanna will be traveling with a support vehicle driven by her trusty squire, Ross Martin, who will set up camp or make other arrangements for her and for other cyclists.
- This is a fundraiser tour, so riders will be expected to contribute to the cause as well as pay for the food, camp sites, support vehicle, and for the privilege of being seen riding beside Shanna ;-). We're still figuring out exactly what this will look like per day, but you can also pay your way by getting others to donate to the ride.
- At a minimum, you will need to be in sufficient physical condition to ride up to 50 miles per day on some segments and up to 110 miles per day on others. We'll match you up to a route that fits your abilities.
- You will be responsible for getting to the meeting point for the leg of the trip and getting back home at the end. We will work with you on getting to airports or bus stations, etc.
- We will be camping along the way. You'll need to bring your own camping gear, but this can be carted in the support vehicle. Same with (small) instruments -- or just borrow one of ours. Ross will work out the food and water situation, but you will be expected to pitch in at the campsite -- he ain't your mamma!