ENOLA FIRST CHURCH OF GOD MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
This agreement must be signed by any person who becomes a member of Enola First Church of God after January 20, 2019, the date of the adoption of the Constitution revisions. A person becomes a member of the Enola First Church
of God by following the procedure outlined in Article IV, Section 2, of its Constitution. Persons who became members of Enola First Church of God prior to January 20, 2019 are exempt from signing the Membership Agreement unless they are elected to the Administrative Board.
ENOLA FIRST CHURCH OF GOD MEMBERSHIP AGREEMENT
The Enola First Church of God believes that to carry on the faith, practice, mission and purpose of this church, to preserve the function and integrity of the church as the local Body of Christ, and to provide a biblical role model to the church members and the community, it is imperative that all persons who associate with this church as members abide by and agree to the following statements (A through G) as indicated.
A. Statement of Faith: The Churches of God, General Conference, Summary Statement of Faith
Taken from p. 6. “We Believe,” Copyright 2014 by the Churches of God, General Conference. Printed in the United States of America. Used by permission.
1. We believe that the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – one in essence and community.
3. We believe in God the Father, the almighty Creator of heaven and earth.
4. We believe that Jesus Christ our Lord is the Word made flesh – fully God and fully man. We believe he was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, was crucified, died and was buried, rose again on the third day, and ascended into heaven.
5. We believe in the divinity of the Holy Spirit, who indwells the believer. The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, enables the believer to live a holy life, comforts, teaches, and bestows spiritual gifts.
6. We believe humanity is created in the image of God, has fallen into sin, and can be born again by the Spirit, justified freely by grace, and saved through the atoning work of Jesus Christ alone.
7. We believe that the Church is the body of Christ, the people of God, whose mission is to make disciples of all nations and to be salt and light in the world.
8. We believe baptism, the Lord’s supper, and feetwashing to be ordinances of the Church.
9. We believe in the return of Jesus Christ, the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, everlasting life, and the new heavens and new earth.
I agree with and believe in the above Statement of Faith. Furthermore, I affirm that I understand that all parts of this statement will be taught in this church, and I agree not to object to such. (Please answer in the affirmative by typing your initials):
B. Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God (Genesis 1:27).
1. We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man, born as a man, and one woman, born as a woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union (I Corinthians 7:1-3; Romans 1:26-27).
2. Because God has ordained marriage and defined it as the covenant relationship between a man, a woman, and Himself, The Enola First Church of God will only recognize marriages between a biological man and a biological woman. Further, the Pastors and staff of Enola First Church of God shall only participate in weddings and solemnize marriages between one man and one woman. Finally, the facilities and property of the Enola First Church of God shall only host weddings between one man and one woman.
I agree with, believe in, and will abide by #1 in the above Statement on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. Furthermore, I affirm that I understand that #2 will be carried out as official practice in this church and I agree not to object to such. (Please answer in the affirmative by typing your initials):
C. Statement on Sanctity of Human Life
We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Psalm 139).
I agree with and believe in the above Statement on Sanctity of Human Life and I agree not to object to its being taught in this church. (Please answer in the affirmative by typing your initials):
D. Statement on the Document "Here We Stand" 2016
The "Here We Stand" document approved by the Churches of God, General Conference in 2016 provides “insight into the CGGC’s biblical understanding of contemporary issues facing the Church and how congregations and individual Christians can respond.” (Taken from the 2016 version of Here We Stand p. 2). The Enola First Church of God endorses and officially teaches according to the 2016 "Here We Stand" document.
I affirm that I have been given either a paper copy of "Here We Stand" 2016 or electronic access to "Here We Stand" 2016 (
). I affirm that I will not object to teachings and practices consistent with "Here We Stand 2016" being taught in this church.. (Please answer in the affirmative by typing your initials):
E. Statement on Restoration and Discipline (Taken from the Constitution of the Enola First Church of God, Article IV, Section 8)
The primary purpose of Restoration and Discipline is to encourage a member found to be in an open and continuous sin to repent and come into a right relationship with God (Galatians 6:1). The secondary purpose of this process is to remove an unrepentant member found to be in an open and continuous sin from the membership roster in order to maintain the purity of the church.
If a member of this church openly and continuously engages in sexual immorality, fraud, extortion, drunkenness, or idolatry and is bringing reproach upon this church and is unwilling to repent, the Administrative Board has the God-given authority and duty to begin a process of Restoration and Discipline with the offending member (1 Corinthians 5:1-13). It shall be the duty of the Pastor(s) and
Elders to meet and pray over situations to determine when and if the process of Restoration and Discipline is necessary (1 Peter 5:2). If it is determined that Restoration and Discipline is necessary, the following steps shall be taken in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Lord Jesus Christ (Matthew 18:15-17).
1. An Elder or the Pastor(s) will confront the offending member regarding the situation with the goal of restoring the member gently (Galatians 6:1). The Elder or Pastor(s) may take another Board member along with him. If the member repents of his/her sin, the process is completed. If the member does not repent, then step 2 must be carried out.
2. The same Elder or Pastor(s) along with one or two other Board members will confront the offending member regarding the situation with the goal of restoring the member. If the member repents of his/her sin, the process is completed. If the member does not repent, then step 3 must be carried out.
3. The Senior Pastor and Elders will schedule a congregational meeting to report the situation to the congregation with the goal of restoring the offending member. The Pastor and Elders shall report publicly only the general nature of the situation. They shall not report any information that could be viewed as slander, defamation of character, economically detrimental to the person, or invasion of privacy. If the member repents of his/her sin, the process is completed. If the member does not repent by the time of the next regularly scheduled Administrative Board meeting, then his/her name will be removed from the membership roster at that Board meeting.
I agree to abide by the above Statement on Restoration and Discipline. (Please answer in the affirmative by typing your initials):
F. Statement on Mediation
Members of the church agree to submit any legal dispute with the church for mediation before a
mutually agreed-upon mediator, or if none can be agreed upon, one selected by Peacemaker Ministries. Lawsuits between believers, or threats of lawsuits between believers, are a matter of grave concern for the church, are contrary to biblical and church teaching, and mediation is an effort to resolve disputes in a biblical fashion. (1 Cor 6: 1-7.) Mediation will be governed by the Rules of Procedure for Christian Conciliation of the Institute for Christian Conciliation (ICC Rules), unless modified as stipulated by the parties. (Visit:
to access the ICC Rules.) In particular, subject to the more detailed provisions of the ICC Rules, mediator(s) will attempt to assist us in reaching a voluntary settlement of any disputes through mediation. The confidentiality of the mediation process will be protected and these matters will not be discussed with people who do not have a necessary interest in them. If settlement can be agreed upon, the conciliators may, at their discretion, issue an advisory opinion. Neither the opinion, nor any communications exchanged in the mediation process, will be admissible for any purpose in any subsequent legal proceeding.
I agree to abide by the Statement on Mediation. (Please answer in the affirmative by typing your initials):
G. Final Authority for Matters of Faith, Belief, and Conduct:
These statements of faith, belief and conduct do not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of this church’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Administrative Board in accordance with the Churches of God, General Conference, is this church’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application (I Timothy 3:15).
I have read and agree to abide by the Statement on Final Authority for Matters of Faith, Belief, and Conduct. (Please answer in the affirmative by typing your initials):
I have reviewed the statements above as indicated by my initials after each of them, and agree to be governed by all the provisions herein. PLEASE TYPE YOUR NAME BELOW TO ANSWER IN THE AFFIRMATIVE--THIS WILL SERVE AS YOUR SIGNATURE.
Please Enter the Date:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service