You might be a good fit if you have any of the following:
- A history of relevant comedic TV/film credits- A history of performing in well-received comedy/fringe festival shows- A comedic YouTube channel or web series with a fair amount of published content- A history of published comedic writing, comics, etc.
Or anything else that indicates that you are an established working comedic creative.
We'd certainly love for you to take classes with us, but we're unable to offer you a scholarship at this time.
If money is tight, we offer payment plans for all students, and work-study internships for anyone who has passed our Level 1 course to finish the program.
- Excellence: we'd like to attract established comedic and performing arts talent into our improv community. These individuals should already have a solid stage presence and a unique comedic voice.
- Diversity: we'd like to increase the diversity of our student body, in terms of comedic background.
- Innovation & Experimentation: we'd like to encourage the melding of other approaches to comedy and performance with our own.
- receive a tuition scholarship worth between 50-100% of course fees for a Level 1 Improv course with The Improv Conspiracy - be able to see a number of professional improv shows for free during your time as a student - have opportunities to meet and network with some of the most inspiring performers in Melbourne
If your initial scholarship term goes well academically, we are open to discussing ways to extend the scholarship to Level 2 (and beyond).
We will look at the applications and aim to meet with a number of promising applicants in-person to see if they'd be a good fit (most likely by giving applicants a free ticket to an Improv Conspiracy show). Once we get a chance to meet with the applicants, we will make a decision about whether to offer a scholarship based on the following criteria:
- The candidate currently exhibits a charismatic stage presence and a unique comedic voice - The candidate exhibits a genuine interest in our approach to improv and sketch comedy performance, even if they have no prior experience with it - The candidate seems likely to work well in groups - The candidate seems like a generally interesting, fun person who would help make the Improv Conspiracy community even more awesome and inclusive than it currently is
Please note that applying does not guarantee that you will be selected to meet with us in-person. And meeting with us in-person does not guarantee that you will be accepted into the program.