FAME 2020 Application
The Faculty Academy for Mathematics Excellence (FAME) is a professional learning program for math teachers in grades 6 - 12.
In 2020, this program is offered by the Krause Center for Innovation at Foothill College (12345 El Monte Rd. Los Altos, CA 94022).
Blended FAME consists of one orientation day (May 16, 2020 from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm), 5 face-to-face days, July 27-31, 2020 (with the remainder of the summer program conducted online), and four follow-up sessions in the academic year. (Typically the follow-ups are held on a Saturday - once in October, once in November, once in February, and once in March). You will also take two additional FastTECH courses (LINC online).
Teachers will explore ratios and proportional reasoning, expressions and equations, algebraic functions and transformational geometry concepts with an emphasis on topics that students often find challenging to master while also learning how to integrate computer and Internet technologies (e.g., Desmos, spreadsheet software, and virtual manipulatives) to support teaching and learning.
-You will earn 7.5 (quarter) units from Foothill College, which can help you on your salary schedule (step). Check with your human resources department for more information. This is approximately a $400 value!
-Because this is a donor-funded program, you only pay a $75 non-refundable fee upon acceptance to the program.
-You will be trained by incredibly knowledgeable math instructors throughout the 90-hour program.
-You will receive a $400 stipend upon completion of the program in Spring 2021.
This program is open to mathematics educators who teach in grades 6 - 12.
• Attend the orientation day (5/16/20) all 5 days of face-to-face instruction ( 7/27, 7/28, 7/29, 7/30, and 7/31) and complete the other 30 hours of the program online by August 21.
• Redesign math lessons or a unit of study during the summer institute that you will then subsequently teach in the Fall quarter.
• Participate in four academic year follow-up sessions: (TBD, generally a Saturday in October, November, February, and March
• Attend two additional units of FastTECH (LINC) classes during Summer 2020, Fall 2020, and/or Winter 2021 quarters.
• Agree to take the Math Teaching survey before and after the summer institute and again at the end of the program.
• Create an e-portfolio of work that documents teaching practice and student outcomes that the FAME team will use to help us determine if the program’s goals have been met.
• Agree to pay the non-refundable $75 fee for acceptance into the program
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service