· Must be present on production night.
· Must be present at weekly budget meeting.
· Hold office hours for a minimum of 15 hours per week Tuesday through Friday.
· Schedule coverage of the newsroom from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. during the week.
· Provide a list of staff who need building access each semester to the adviser.
· Provide a list of staff who need press credentials each semester to the adviser.
· Have all staff sign employment contracts and provide these to the adviser.
· Keep a running list of write-ups and disciplinary actions against staff members.
· Keep a spreadsheet of staff training attendance.
· Schedule staff to cover outreach activities.
· Copyedit articles before publishing online.
· Be knowledgeable in AP style, Media Law, WordPress, InDesign and Photoshop.
· Coordinate monthly multimedia project, or as needed.
· Meet deadlines.
· Check University Star email account several times a day.
· Follow up with Section Editors on applications within 48 hours.
· Reply to emails within 24 hours.
· Assist with contest entries as needed.
· Assist with two outreach activities per semester.
· Required to attend bi-weekly all-staff meeting.
· Ensure all content meets the highest standards of journalistic ethics.