PART ONE: DISCLAIMER & RULES OF An Oil For That
1. An Oil for That members and admin do not claim to be medical practitioners. We do not diagnose, treat or prescribe any medical treatment or advice. Any advice given in this group is just that, advice based on what has and has not worked for us. Please contact your physician before using essential oils to treat an illness for yourself or others. The safety precautions below are guidelines only.
2. We do not advise you use the information contained within this website, or any other site for treating a health problem or disease or to make a self-diagnosis, without first talking to your doctor.
3. All information, content and product descriptions contained within this group are for reference purposes only and are not intended to substitute advice given by a pharmacist, physician, or other licensed health-care professional. Contact your health care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem.
4. Actual product packaging and materials may contain different information than shown on this website. Information and statements regarding our products have not been evaluated by the FDA.
5. This board is for the discussion of Young Living essential oils and their uses only. We don't promote any other brand of oil, we don't promote any other products and we will remove any posts that do. If you promote another product in An Oil for That or Personal Message (PM) another member about another product line without their asking for the information ( aka soliciting) you will be removed from An Oil for That. We want to make sure that this group stays specifically focused on Young Living oils only. Please make your comments and posts accordingly. If you are a member or distributor for another essential oil company, or are currently enrolled with another Young Living team, please do not join our group as this is only for people interested in learning about Young Living oils that do not already have someone to buy them from.
6. Adding members to the group is for Team An Oil for That (TAOT) members only. TAOT members are people that are working the business end of Young Living. If you're not sure what that means or if you'd like to add a friend to An Oil For That, please get in contact with The Team An Oil for That member that added you to the group and we'll get you all the info you need!
7. Please only use Lemon Drop approved marketing materials. Any other materials will be removed as there is no way to guarantee that other materials are safe. LD materials have been approved by Young Living and follow FDA guidelines. Please only share LD materials as they appear. Do not alter any LD materials. Please keep any Lemon Dropper graphics that have your personal information (distributor number, email address) out of this group. Please ONLY use the marketing materials that are in the PHOTOS section so there isn't individual distributor information being shared in the group.
8. Please keep this group free from any advertisements for your other businesses, products you represent, or your blog posts.
9. If you are interested in placing a Young Living oil order, please contact your favorite Team An Oil for That member (the person that gave you access to this group since you've likely been talking to them about the oils). Young Living is a referral-based organization, so they can let you know how to order.
10. An Oil for That is for Team An Oil for That/Lemon Drop members (business members) and their teams only. If you are associated with another team or have previously signed up with Young Living, please contact your enroller to find out what resources they have available for you. We must ask that you join their social media groups and not this one. We hope you understand our reasoning for keeping this group exclusive to Team An Oil for That members only.
If you see anything questionable or against the rules, please contact our admin team and we will make sure to take care of it rather than contacting the person directly. Thank you.
PART TWO: ESSENTIAL OIL SAFETY
1. Store essential oils in a secure place away from children and pets.
2. Be aware that skin irritations are rare but if you have any kind of side effect, reduce the use of the oils or take a break as it is most likely due to your body detoxing.
3. The following essential oils should be avoided during pregnancy and while breastfeeding: aniseed, basil, birch, calamus, camphor, cassia, cinnamon bark, hyssop, Idaho tansy, jasmine, lavandin, mugwort, parsley, pennyroyal, rosemary, sage, tansy, tarragon, thuja, thyme, wintergreen, wormwood. Use the following oils with caution: angelica, cedarwood, chamomile (German/blue), cistus, citronella, clary sage, clove bud, cumin (Black), cypress, davana, fennel, bay laurel, marjoram, mountain savory, myrrh, nutmeg, peppermint, rose, spearmint, vetiver, yarrow. Peppermint on the abdomen should be avoided during pregnancy.
4. Read and follow all instructions carefully.
5. Always take precautions with using aromatherapy.
6. Unless otherwise stated, never use essential oils on your skin without diluting the essential oil with a carrier oil. A skin test is recommended prior to use. If you experience any soreness, redness or irritation do not use the blend.
7. If an essential oil or essential oil blend gets into your eye, flush the eye immediately with a carrier oil or cold milk. Seek medical attention if the stinging and/or irritation continues.
8. Do not use more than 2 drops of the following essential oils when used in a bath the first time: Aniseed, Black pepper, Camphor (rectified), Citronella, Clove, Eucalyptus globulus, Ginger, Juniperberry, Peppermint, Sage, Spearmint, Thyme.
9. If allergic to certain foods, do not use essential oils or carrier oils that come from those foods.
10. The following essential oils should be avoided if you have epilepsy: Cajeput, Camphor, Eucalyptus, Fennel, Peppermint, Rosemary.