2020 Cambria County Essentials Registration
Fellow brother and sister firefighters,
The Cambria County Volunteer Firemen's Association will be hosting the Essentials of Firefighting "IFSTA" programs in four (4) locations in Cambria County & one location in Indiana County starting in January 2020 at the following stations:
1. South: West Hills Regional F.D. (Westmont Station) - Wed. Jan. 8, 2020 (6:00 PM start time)
2. Central-West: Dauntless Vol. Fire Co. (Ebensburg), - Sat. Jan. 4, 2020 (8:00 AM start time)
3. Central-East: Cresson Vol. Fire Co., - Sun. Jan. 5, 2020 (8:00 AM start time)
4. North: Patton Vol. Fire Co., - Sat. Jan. 4, 2020 (8:00 AM start time)
5. Indiana: Clymer Vol. Fire Co., - Sat. Jan. 4, 2020 (8:00 AM start time)
Class schedule have been developed (subject to change) and can be downloaded from the county assn. website:
All classes will have an associated lab fee payable to the "Cambria County Fire School" and can be sent to the address at the bottom of this letter. These lab fees will help offset the costs associated with Buck's Training Program fees, fire extinguisher refills, drywall replacement, roof simulator plywood, propane, vehicles for car fires, EMS/Rehab Stand-by Fees, site facilitators, etc: (the associated lab fee is per student)
1. Intro to the Fire Service (ELIS Level-1) – 16 hours (minimum age: 14) ($15.00 lab fee)
2. Haz-Mat Awareness (HMA) – 4 hours (minimum age: 14) ($5.00 lab fee)
3. Fire Ground Support (ELFG Level-2) – 32 hours (minimum age: 14) ($35.00 lab fee)
4. *First Aid and CPR – 9.5 hours (minimum age: 14) ($30.00 total for lab fee & for FA & CPR cards)
5. Exterior Firefighter (ELEF Level-3) – 52 hours (minimum age: 14) ($50.00 lab fee)
6. Haz-Mat Operations (HMO) – 24 hours (minimum age: 16) ($25.00 lab fee)
7. Interior Fire Fighting with or w/o Live Fire (ELIF Level-4) – 40 hours (min age: 18) ($60.00 lab fee)
Each student will be required to have the following book for each course:
1. IFSTA – PSFA 6th Edition Textbook of the Essentials of Firefighting
2. Jones & Bartlett – Hazardous Materials 2nd Edition Textbook
The IFSTA - 6th Edition of the Essentials of Firefighting TEXTBOOK & the J&B
Hazardous Materials TEXTBOOK can be purchased from the either the Western PA
Firemens's Association or the Lancaster County Firemen's Association…visit their
LAB FEES MUST BE PAID WITH REGISTRATION…. WE WILL NO LONGER INVOICE THE FIRE DEPARTMENT FOR REGISTRATIONS
Students must have the appropriate TEXTBOOK on the first day of each class.
Please complete the registration portion for each student enrollment, copies are acceptable, and return to the address indicated at the bottom of the letterhead by December 10, 2019.
NOTE: Only five classes are scheduled and each class will have a maximum of 30 students per class and will be determined on a First Come, First Served Basis…. Once a class location is full, students will be placed into another location. No additional class locations will be added, so please get your registrations in early……..
HMA, HMO & FF-1 Certification are also being included
THE CAMBRIA COUNTY FIRE SCHOOL COMMITTEE
The programs are in sequential order and are required to be completed as a pre-requisite before taking the next class.
*First Aid & CPR does not have to be in sequential order
NIMS IS-700.a & NIMS IS-100.b are also pre-requisite online training classes that must be completed before ELEF Level-3
Date of Birth
Last Four Digits of Social Security Number
Select which location you will be attending:
By submitting this form I acknowledge that it has been approved by a chief officer of my department.
Applicant's Electronic Signature
Fire Chief's Name
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service