spARO Reverse Science Fair Project Proposals
The ARO, the External Relations Committee (ERC), and spARO are proud to collaborate on a public outreach event at The Tech Interactive museum, San Jose, CA. This is a "reverse" science fair, where the public judges the scientists' demos.
We are soliciting projects from spARO members on the broad theme of Science of Hearing and Balance. Get ideas at:
Event Timing: Saturday, Jan 25, 2020, 3 - 5 pm
Event location: The Tech Interactive, San Jose, CA (a 5 min walk from the Convention Center)
spARO contact: Kim Noij (
ERC chair contact: Keith Duncan (
* Demos can include individuals or teams
* Demos should be interactive, hands-on, and inclusive for hearing-impaired public
* Demos should target families with elementary and older children
* We will run a workshop in December to help make demos inclusive and accessible.
* Demos will be spread throughout The Tech. They will provide tables, easels if needed, and access to power
* Submit proposals by Dec 1, 2019
* Early December, we will select 5 proposals for the ARO Educational Outreach Award, $100 each to help with creating the demo.
* Confirm demo by Jan 1, 2019 and identify resources needed.
First and Last Name of Primary Contact
Phone (cell/mobile: no dashes, 1235551234)
University or Organization
List any partners/collaborators on this entry (name and affiliation)
Description of entry
Please briefly describe your science fair entry for the committee's consideration. Our goal is to engage the public with interactive displays and demonstrations. Include in your description how your entry means that goal. For some examples, see
Description of need and budget for ARO Education Award
Table space: half of table, approx 2.5' x 4'
Table space: full table, approx 2.5' x 8'
Easel with stiff board to pin poster
I understand that my submission indicates a commitment to participate. I will contact Dr. Duncan (
) prior to January 1, 2020, if I must withdraw.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of University of Michigan.