PeTS 101 - Qualification Quiz
Test your understanding of pet therapy and the practices of the Pet Therapy Society of Northern Alberta (PeTS)! Please provide a valid email address so that we may credit you with completing the first step in our ratification process if you decide to become a member.
After you submit your answers, you'll have the opportunity to see how you did. Good luck!
1. What does "PeTS" stand for?
Pets Providing Therapeutic Services
Pets Helping People
Pet Therapy Society of Northern Alberta
Paws for Therapy Society
2. What types of animals does PeTS ratify as therapy animals? Please check all that apply.
3. What are some of the types of facilities and events that PeTS volunteers perform pet therapy at? Please check all that apply.
Assisted living facilities
Edmonton International Airport
4. True or false, PeTS provides training classes and certification for pet therapy.
5. How old must your animal be to be assessed for pet therapy?
At least 6 months of age.
At least 12 months of age.
At least 18 months of age.
At least 24 months of age.
6. What is the minimum and maximum age requirements for members of the Pet Therapy Society of Northern Alberta?
No minimum or maximum age for human volunteers.
Minimum 16 years old, maximum 65 years old.
Minimum 18 years old, maximum 65 years old.
Minimum 18 years old, no maximum.
7. On average, how long does it usually take a pet therapy team to become ratified?
2 to 4 weeks
1 to 3 months
6 to 9 months
9 to 12 months
8. What is the average duration of a pet therapy visit?
Half an hour
Half a day (4 hours)
Full day (8 hours)
As long as clients want!
9. What are some possible benefits of pet therapy visits? Please check all that apply.
Distract clients from pain.
Decrease in stress hormones (cortisol, adrenaline, aldosterone) in clients.
Development of social skills for clients and volunteers.
Increase in health & social-inducing hormones (oxytocin, dopamine, endorphins) in clients.
Reduction in feeling depressed, bored, and isolated in clients.
Reduction in veterinarian fees for volunteers.
Weight loss in clients.
10. True or false, pet therapy animals must be spayed or neutered.
11. What are good personality traits for a therapy animal to have? Please check all that apply.
12. How much does an annual PeTS membership cost?
No cost / free
$30 / year
$50 / year
$70 / year
13. Please check off only PeTS' actual ratification steps from the list below. You may use the image above to help you!
Animal Grooming Course
Animal Health Screening
Board of Directors vote
Letters of Reference
Paws to Visit
Types of Dog Collars
14. Using the picture above, please select all the types of dog collars that can be used on a pet therapy visit.
Types of Leashes
15. Using the picture above, please select all the types of leashes that can be used on a pet therapy visit.
Harnesses & Other Equipment
16. Using the picture above, please select all the equipment that could be used during a pet therapy visit.
Send me a copy of my responses.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service