In selecting the educator to receive the award, the following procedure and criteria will be used:
1. Any member of the Ohio Technology & Engineering Educator Association may nominate an eligible member for the award by writing a letter either to the President of the Association or to the person appointed to receive nominations.
2. Letters supporting the nominee must be submitted by at least two other persons such as a superintendent, a principal, a college dean, fellow educator, or former students of the nominee.
3. The nominee must be a technology supervisor, director, or teacher educator.
4. The nominee must have been a member of the Ohio Technology & Engineering Educator Association for at least five years.
5. The nominee must be or have been a member of the International Technology & Engineering Educator Association for at least three years.
6. Evidence should be submitted testifying to the nominee's significant participation in the work and activities of professional education groups, including the Ohio Technology & Engineering Educator.
Any member making a nomination should assume the responsibility for having supporting letters written and submitted to the committee. The nominating letter should state that the nominee meets the above criteria, and both the nominating and supporting letters should indicate in what way they have been outstanding in any or all of the following:
1. Professional experience; where, number of years in each place, and responsibilities.2. Ability to motivate students and/or staff to do their best.3. Rapport with students and/or staff.4. Contribution toward upgrading technology education.5. Active leadership role in technology education groups.6. Participation in community activities.