Justice: An Evening of Stories and Community
Tuesday, October 22
Revolution Brewpub (2323 N. Milwaukee Ave. Chicago, IL 60647)
Get to know your fellow justice-minded colleagues and enjoy listening to stories of justice shared by volunteers from the audience. Interested in telling a story? Come prepared with a five-minute story related to the theme (justice) to share with attendees from the Chicago legal community. Those who volunteer to tell stories will be entered in a prize raffle. Storytellers and listeners alike are encouraged to attend!
How the "story slam" works:
1. Interested storytellers will put their name in a hat.
2. Names will be pulled from that hat, at random, to tell their stories. We have a limited amount of time, and so stories will be selected at random. Whether or not we get to everyone's story will depend on level of interest.
3. Storytellers have five minutes on stage to tell their true story related to the theme (Justice). It is important that the story be true, on theme, and told without notes, the best stories are told, not read.
4. When the storyteller is approaching five minutes, a gentle harmonica will warn them. When the storyteller reaches five minutes, a less gentle harmonica will signal the end of their time.
5. Unlike at other story slams, we will not be judging storytellers. Instead, anyone who entered their name in the hat as an interested storyteller will be entered to win some great prizes.
Any questions? Email Samira Nazem at
. See you there!
Are you potentially interested in telling a story? (No matter what you say here, you can change your mind!)
Yes, I might be interested in telling a justice-themed story!
No, I am looking forward to listening!
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service