Each year, thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, a limited number of travel subsidies are available to assist with the travel costs of attending the Scaling Bitcoin Conferences.
This year the conference will be held at the Keio University, Tokyo, Japan on October 6-7. In 2017, we were able to offer an average of $1,000, although the fund is dependent on sponsorships and the amount available varies year to year.
As our events focus on highly technical topics and our goal is to foster discussion between development and academic communities, travel subsidies are available strictly to software developers, researchers, students and academics who focus on fields that are related to Bitcoin ecosystem.
Preference is given to students and academic institution affiliates, especially if they have not previously attended the Scaling Bitcoin event.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
1) If approved, you must present yourself at the registration desk of the event and specify that you are a subsidy recipient. Failure to do so will void the subsidy allocated toward you.
2) The subsidy covers only the conference ticket, transportation (air fare or train to an from event only) and lodging for up to 3 nights. The total amount reimbursed is limited by the allocated amount.
3) Applicant must submit itemized/detailed receipt for the expense under his/her name. Credit card receipts are not acceptable. Please make sure that you ask for / obtain a detailed receipts.
4) If your accommodations were shared, you can only claim a portion of the bill that you have paid. To do so, you are required to submit the lodging invoice and contact information of the person who paid for it, if it has been paid by a 3rd party.
5) Travel subsidies are not guaranteed and are awarded at the discretion of the Subsidy Committee.
Please complete this request form on or before 23:59 UTC Wednesday 15th of August 2018.
Subsidy Committee will feedback applicants with results upon completion of the review process that will finish at 23:59 UTC Saturday 1st September. 2018.
Travel receipts must be submitted no later than November 01, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org