3x3 Basketball Registration: The 2019 Downtown Block Party is excited to introduce two 3x3 basketball courts to the dynamic programming of the Block Party. We are looking for 72 teams to play. 3x3 basketball is a form of the game played three a side on one hoop, the Downtown Block Party will have two courts. Teams consist of 3 players and 1 substitute.
Registration fills up fast and it is first-come-first-serve. Completing this form will complete your registration. PLEASE read the rules and regulations before signing up.
Once all game slots have been filled, we will be in touch to confirm your registration. If the scheduled times are not available below in the form, it means the slot has already been filled. Sign up fast!
Where: This year it will be located on Clinton St. in front of Summit & Iowa Book
Rules & Regulations:--Teams Must Consist of a Minimum of 3 Players & a Maximum of 4 Players.--Ages are determined as of July 1st, 2019.--Participants may play up an Age Division but cannot play down. Example: A 12-year-old cannot play down in the 10u division, but a 15-year-old may play up in the 16u division, etc.--Teams are allowed it sign up multiple participants that are different ages, but the team must play in the division of the oldest participant on the team.--Participants playing in older divisions play at their own risk.--Teams must report to the Check-In table or a designated volunteer 15 minutes prior to their scheduled game time.
1. A coin will be flipped for first possession.
2. Each game will be first to 21 points or 12 minutes long. The team must win by only 1 point.
3. Score will be kept by one-point baskets inside the 3-pt arc, or by two-point shots taken outside of the three-point arc.
4. Possession will be taken at the designated line above the three-point line for all non-shooting fouls, jump balls, or possessions that result in an out-of-bounds.
5. On defensive rebounds or steals, players must return the ball by dribble or pass across the three-point arc before a basket may be attempted. Once across the line, they do not have to pass the ball before shooting.
6. After a basket, the team scored upon will put the ball in play.
7. Fouls will be called by the court monitor/referee. A foul called in the act of shooting will result in 1 free throw for shots inside the arc and 2 free throws outside the arc
8. Team fouls 7, 8 and 9 are awarded 2 free throws, whilst team fouls 10 or more are awarded 2 free throws and possession of the ball.
9. The three-second rule will apply to all offensive players.
10. Substitutions may be made after a basket or after an out-of-bounds.
11. Teams are given one 30 second timeout per game.
12. If the game ends in a tie after regulation time, there will be a one-minute overtime period. First possession will be determined by a coin toss.
13. Ties at the end of any overtime period will result in sudden death, with the winner being the team who scores first. A timer of one minute will be set. If neither team has scored by the end of the timer, the result of the game is a tie. First possession will be determined by coin toss.