March/April 2020 FFT CEU Quiz
Based on the articles found in Fostering Families Today magazine.
Your first and last name:
Your licensing agency's name:
1. According to the article “Rejection in Foster Care”on page 16, which of the following are among the strategies for addressing rejection? (Choose all that apply.)
a. Ignore it.
b. Be kind to yourself.
c. Be conscious of your self-talk.
d. Join a support group.
2. According to the article ”Preventing Human Trafficking” on page 18, which of the following are important to be mindful of when considering human trafficking prevention education? (Choose all that apply.)
a. Talk about the other uncomfortable but important topics related to sex trafficking and exploitation.
b. Set strict boundaries for the kids in your home.
c. Hold an educational event to raise awareness about human trafficking.
d. Incorporate safety planning into everything we do.
3. According to the article ”How Do I Know ifBehavior is Related to Trauma?” on page 22, which of the following are qualities of trauma-informed consequences? (Choose all that apply.)
a. Are creative to keep the kids guessing.
b. Are the consequences your parents used with you.
c. Assist youth in learning how their behavior impacts themselves and others.
d. Are implemented with predictability and consistent follow-through.
4. According to the column ”The Early Years” on page 25, by Dr. Vicky Kelly how do you support a child through special events that might be triggering?(Choose all that apply.)
a. Be prepared to handle and talk about feelings.
b. Avoid going to any holiday events.
c. Consider their age and developmental capacities.
d. Always go out for ice cream after you survive a holiday event.
5. According to the article “Parenting Connection” on page 30, which of the following statements is FALSE?
a. Attachment security of teens is associated with less aggressive and violent behaviors.
b. Connect Parent Group is a faith-based program for caregivers of infants.
c. Empathy isn’t one-sided.
d. About 26 percent of children now in foster care are teens.
6. According to the column “Spilled Milk” on page62, which of the following are among the important reminders for your foster parenting journey? (Choose all that apply.)
a. Coffee — a lot of coffee.
b. Simplify your schedule.
c. You are their safe place.
d. Fill your life with like-minded people.
7. How has foster care changed in your community since you first became a foster parent?
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Fostering Media Connections.