Catechism Quiz 2C
Lesson 2 Quiz for Third Year students.
This quiz covers Large Catechism, p. 18-36.
Quiz is open book.
1. What is the purpose of the First Commandment?
To show other people that they have false gods
True faith and trust of the heart, which clings to Him alone
To be able to disprove evolution
2. What is the most common idol on earth?
Mammon (money and possessions)
3. What does it mean to "have" God?
To take hold of Him with your hands
That the heart takes hold of Him and clings to Him.
To put Him in a bag
To lock Him in a chest
4. How can a person turn the true God into a false god?
God is who you make of Him
By a magical spell
False worship turns the true God into an idol
5. What do the commandments have in addition to their terrible threatenings?
A reward for good behavior
Consolation in a promise of mercy for those who cling to God alone.
A theological dissertation on the genus maiestaticum
6. The First Commandment instructs the heart and faith. What does the Second Commandment address?
The mouth and tongue, and directs them to God
The mind and intellect, and answers secret questions
The body and soul, and make you whole
The self and the neighbor, and makes you friends forever
7. Which of the following is NOT something that Luther advises children to do when they see or hear something monstrous?
Curse under your breath
Shout, "Lord God, protect us!"
Shout, "Help, dear Lord Jesus!"
8. What is the simple meaning of the Third Commandment?
People must have holidays
You have to go to church every week
The Sabbath no longer applies to Christians in any way
If a person doesn't work, he doesn't eat.
9. What is the true "holy thing" above all holy things?
A piece of the true cross of Jesus
The bones of the saints
A life without sin
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service