Tech Commons Drop-In Hours, unless specified otherwise on the calendar (www.nyhistory.org/education/teens/tech-commons):
Thursday: 3pm - 6pmFriday: 3pm - 8pmSaturday: 10am - 6pmSunday: 11am - 5pm
1. The Tech Commons is accessible and welcoming to teens from all backgrounds. It is free from any hateful speech or negative or reductive “–ism.” Everyone using the space agrees to maintain this welcoming, inclusive atmosphere, and is responsible for their actions.
2. All equipment is available for teens to use at the discretion of the Educators. To make sure all teens can enjoy our resources, all gear must stay in the Tech Commons and must be returned at the end of the day in the same condition in which it was borrowed.
3. This is a shared space. Students should only view and create content that is appropriate for everyone around them. The Educator can restrict the content students consume or create.
4. Students are asked to treat the Tech Commons as if it was their own room or classroom. If anyone is being disruptive, stealing, using items inappropriately, or intentionally damaging museum property, that student may be asked to leave.
5. Food is permitted in the Tech Commons, but should be kept outside of the recording booth and media lab. All students and educators are expected to keep the space clean and organized.
6. Students looking to use the space's video game consoles are asked to respect others and keep the volume and noise level low. This means no inappropriate language or actions. Students are also welcome to bring their own games, however, they must be cleared by staff on that day before playing them. Time for video games can be limited by the Educator.
7. The Tech Commons is for students between the ages of 13-19. Anyone outside of this age range looking to enter the room must get permission from the Educator on staff that day.
8. The Tech Commons will start shutting down 30 minutes before the closing of the museum. Please make sure all work is saved and all spaces are clean before leaving the space.