In an effort to both inform and gather input, Eanes ISD is putting on a series of Digital Learning Symposiums hosted by a Task Force made up of staff, parents, students and community members.
The purposes of this process are:
- To reflect on how and why we are personalizing instruction and engaging students through digital learning.
- To discuss what we can achieve going forward with digital learning.
- To better educate parents and the community about the use of technology in our classrooms and the steps we’ve taken to transform learning and personalize it for each student.
- To gather input from students, staff, parents, and community on digital learning; and on what tools and professional development are needed to ensure the effectiveness of digital learning in classrooms and at home.
- To best prepare our students for college and career by providing them the most flexible and authentic digital tools that will help them succeed.
Here is the schedule of meetings and symposiums that you would be required to attend if chosen:
September 21 (4:30-6:30) - Digital Learning Task Force Orientation & Goal Setting
October 13 (5-7:00) - Digital Learning Symposium #1 - Future-Ready with Industry Experts
October 28 (5-7:00) - Digital Learning Symposium #2 - Teacher Panel
November 5 (12:30-2:30) - Digital Learning Symposium #3 - Campus Site Visits
November 19 (5-7:00) - Digital Learning Symposium #4 - Student Panel
November 30 (4:30-6:30) - Wrap-up meeting and action proposal put forth to the Superintendent and School Board
If you have interest in being a part of this process, please fill out the attached form no later than September 4, 2015. We will be including a wide variety of parents, staff and students the task force from various backgrounds and opinions. We will also open up all the symposiums to the public, so even if you aren't chosen to be on the task force, you can still participate. In addition, if you choose, you could be part of an online community dedicated to gathering research and information on digital learning.
Several school board members will be providing input as to who is chosen for this in the coming weeks. Thank you for your time and interest and we look forward to collaborating with you in the future!