Here at Science Innovation Union (www.science-union.org) (SIU) we're committed to disrupt academia in order to inspire entrepreneurship amongst young scientists from any background. To achieve our goals we aim to provide a globally interconnected networking, communications and training platform for academia, industry, society and government to bridge the knowledge-translation gap in science. This is supported by our four operational arms: Events & Networking, Communications, Education, and Editorials. In combination, these will engage people from across a variety of different academic disciplines and industries from across both the private and public sector in life sciences to spark a conversation at the "pre-venture" stage.
The SIU is a non-profit organisation that is led by a combination of post-doctoral researchers, PhD students and young professionals from across the UK, Europe, USA and beyond. We are expanding as never-before, and have major plans for 2017-2018. In parallel to our primary Central Team and well established divisions in the UK, Germany and Poland, we will be introducing new projects and establishing new local divisions all across Europe. Make the most out of your time in academia by volunteering in building a global non-profit brand!
We don't expect you to have any previous experience to suit a particular role; in fact, we promise a steep learning curve in leadership and event management. Skills required for a specific position can be taught, but personality match and commitment are required from the very beginning.
--> This is your opportunity to be part of it!
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR OXFORD - LONDON - CAMBRIDGE - FRANKFURT - BERLIN - KATOWICE - ZURICH
________________________________________________________________________________________ WHY VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME FOR A ROLE WITHIN SIU?
- Be part of an environment that works together with young academics and professionals from across the globe
- Bring your own out-of-box ideas to create novel ways of solving translation in science problems
- You will interact with key players in industry, government and academia
- You do not need experience, or existing skills - just a passion to work in a team, to learn and a desire to do good work
- Involvement is a career accelerator (contacts, insight, skills, leadership, initiative & achievement)
- The roles are on a volunteer basis and require high flexibility
- We are a highly social organisation, so a classy dinner and few drinks are always on the cards