It's time for College/Career Readiness Day! Please read through the following presentations and choose 3.
You will be expected to follow your schedule so choose career sessions you are interested in learning more about!
1. MILITARY- Come and hear about the many opportunities that are available in the military. The military provides all the training you will need to be a soldier. Learn if a military career is the right one for you and to begin the process of joining the military.
2. HURON COUNTY OHIO MEANS JOBS- Come and experience how useful the Ohio Means Jobs website can be for a student as well as hear about all of the youth programs that are available in Huron County. (High School Only)
3. Reliability & Compliance Engineer (Manufacturing, Engineer, Skilled Trades, Co-op) This career involves designing, building, wiring, programming, troubleshooting, or repairing of various dies, machines, robots, and other automated equipment used all over the world to make consumer goods or products that people buy. Come and hear how manufacturing plays a big role in our small community.
4. Protocol Administrator- Come and learn about working in a laboratory setting to help develop life changing medicines. She serves as lead/primary technician for multiple basic and complex in-life studies simultaneously. She is responsible for handling and restraining animals, clinical observations, sample collection, monitoring food consumption, animal husbandry, and performing accurate data collection and reporting. She administers test substances by basic, intermediate, and advanced methods, serves as a mentor to less experienced staff, and works with scientific staff to develop new techniques and/or models.
5. Nuclear Medicine Technologist- Prepare, administer, and measure radioactive isotopes in therapeutic, diagnostic, and tracer studies using a variety of radioisotope equipment. Prepare stock solutions of radioactive materials and calculate doses to be administered by radiologists. Subject patients to radiation. Execute blood volume, red cell survival, and fat absorption studies following standard laboratory techniques.
6. Chief Operating Officer (Business)- Chief operating officer of R.S. Hanline. I oversee both of our Produce facilities in Shelby, Ohio and Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Day-to-day I’m responsible for making sure we deliver products to customers like Chipotle, Wendy’s, Chick-fil-a, Aldi, and Etc. I am also responsible for food safety and people safety. We have over 300 employees and we deliver in over 20 states. We also buy products from USA, Mexico, Canada, Chile, Peru to name a few. We are continuing to grow our business in both the restaurant space and retail space. I am responsible for making sure we are able to operationally expand and grow our business through new technology, transportation, and grower relationships.
7. Human Resources at Cedar Point- The Recruiting Manager reports to the park VP of HR. This position is a key leadership role responsible for the overall direction and execution of the employment and recruiting initiatives toensure park staffing needs are fulfilled. Responsible for attracting and identifying quality applicantsto meet present and future needs of Cedar Point and demonstrating to the public that Cedar Point isthe Employer of Choice. This position leads and develops the capabilities of a recruiting team andtrain leaders in proper recruiting techniques, representing Cedar Point on college campuses andother job fair events while building efficient and effective processes to enhance and streamline theoverall applicant experience. She may also be bring some other people with her to talk about various careers at Cedar Point!
8. Manager of Learning & Development- Mrs. Fair works in the front office of Olympus and her primary duty is training. she trains all employees on different items from production related on the manufacturing floor to soft skills such as active listening and change management. One of the important things at Olympus is continual improvement and visual workplace. All new hires go through training to understand our lean culture and to learn some of the tools we use to be successful. During this session she will do a hands-on activity on what is 5S and visual workplace. Are you a hoarder? Do you believe there is a place for everything? Experience what many manufactures consider a necessary workplace behavior.
9. Electrician- Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service street lights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems. Also, research, design, develop, test, or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, or systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use.
10. OSU - Come hear from the Buckeye Ambassadors about the First Year experience as a college student! (High School Only) Our session will be a discussion about the first year experience from current Ohio State students as they share their experiences on the Mansfield campus (a smaller campus), and the Columbus campus (a huge campus), and really highlight the benefits of both. Wyatt and Sammy will also touch on personal challenges, advice, and opportunities inside and outsides the classroom.
11. Manager, Associate Life Experience: This position is responsible for ensuring a positive associate experience from wardrobe to activities to associate housing. The manager impacts/executes initiatives by creating and maintaining comfortable living and extracurricular activities, provides uniform clothing and policies and procedures that enhance the associate experience, enabling Cedar Point to also use this is a viable recruiting and retention program.