Bludenzer Tage zeitgemäßer Musik Workshop/Competition 2019 Application Form
The Bludenzer Tage zeitgemäßer Musik (
) are pleased to announce a workshop/competition for composers in Bludenz (Austria), from October 3 to October 6, 2019.
This event will be divided into two parts:
1) Workshop with composer Carola Bauckholt and Duo XAMP (Fanny Vicens & Jean-Etienne Sotty)
A jury consisting of Fanny Vicens, Jean-Etienne Sotty, and Carola Bauckholt will select 6 composers who will have the opportunity to work on a piece (already existing or written for the occasion) for 2 microtonal accordions (electronics is possible) that will be performed on the 6th of October 2019. They will also be invited to attend all the events of the festival (rehearsals, concerts, discussion panels), and give a public presentation of their work.
The cost of the masterclass is EUR 350 and includes 4 nights accommodation — arrival on October 3rd (or October 2nd, if coming from far away), 2019 and departure on October 7th, 2019 — a private lesson with Carola Bauckholt, rehearsals, professional recording, and free entrance to the concerts. The Bludenzer Tage zeitgemäßer Musik are able to offer one scholarship, exempting a participant from the participation fee. This scholarship is offered on a needs basis.
At the end of the festival at least one composer, among the selected participants, will be chosen to receive a commission for a new piece to be premiered during the Bludenzer Tage zeitgemäßer Musik Festival 2020.
The selected composer will be offered by the festival:
– travel expenses (within Europe: economy flight or second-class rail ticket, whichever is the cheaper; from overseas: a contribution up to a maximum of €550);
– four nights hotel accommodation;
– the composer will receive a one-time payment of €1000. With this payment all rights concerning the public performance within the BTzM Festival 2020, the live recording and the possible broadcasting are compensated.
– The BTzM Workshop/Composition-Competition is addressed to composers of all nationalities.
– There is no age limit.
– Applicants can submit up to two scores and two audio files. Chamber music works are preferable.
– If scores are not relevant to your music, you may submit audio and/or any other accompanying documentation in PDF format in lieu of scores.
– All materials submitted must be anonymous. Your name and other identifying information (except gender) will be hidden from the jury. Any submissions containing identifying information such as your name or titles of works cannot be considered.
– Applications open on May 20th, 2019 and end on June 10th, 2019.
– Selected composers will be notified by June 20th, 2019.
– A jury consisting of Fanny Vicens, Jean-Etienne Sotty, and Carola Bauckholt will nominate 6 composers to attend the workshop/competition.
– Selected composers may either submit an existing piece that fits the given instrumentation for performance in Bludenz or write a new piece (no longer than 12 minutes). The piece can also be unfinished, or simply a sketch.
To apply, please press “Next” and enter your information
Page 1 of 4
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service