Thank you for your interest in joining the fight against homelessness in Chicago! North Side Housing and Supportive Services is a not-for-profit agency that serves the homeless in Chicago. Our mission is to end homelessness in the lives of individuals by providing not only housing, but also the comprehensive supportive services that help them to stabilize and improve their lives. More information about the agency and our programs can be found at: www.northsidehousing.org
The primary functions of the Associate Board are to:
1. Increase the awareness of NSHSS and our mission in Chicago
2. Expand the reach of NSHSS for special events, volunteering, and fundraising through a larger network of supporters and donors
3. Assist the Board by participating in the Fundraising Committee
4. Develop future members of the Associate Board
5. Support NSHSS in reaching fundraising goals
6. Leverage network to assist in securing funding, in-kind donations, cutting costs, gaining new donors, increase guest attendance at events etc.
1. Attend 4 out of the 6 bimonthly meetings from 6-7:30PM annually
2. Attend 1 of 2 fundraising events OR buy 2 event tickets and donate them back to the agency annually
3. Participate in conference phone calls of the AB on an as need basis (to discuss urgent agenda items)
4. Volunteer 4 hours annually either at the shelter, office, or during a fundraising event
If you are interested in serving as a member of the Associate Board, please complete this form, attach any additional info if necessary. We will follow up with you. If you need to get in touch with us with questions please do so via firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may be called for an interview or asked to attend a meeting/event, if you have not yet done so already.
We look forward to partnering with you.