Read the following Student Screening Criteria, prior to applying
This is an intense program with 4 courses per semester, plus 20 hour/week paid apprenticeship work. Hence, the selection criteria are critical for student success in the program!
Initial Screening Criteria:-
• Applicant must have completed at least 1 computer science course in High School (Achieved “B” or better grade in each of the computer science courses taken, and achieved "3" or better if AP computer science test is taken).
• Developed at least 1 app or completed 1 computer science project at high school
• Passionate about pursuing a career in Computing field (Computer Science Club participation, Competition participation, etc.,)
• Applicant should be able to commute to:
- Wilber Wright College/Humbold Park Campus,
4300 N Narragansett Ave, Chicago, IL 60634/
1645 N California Ave, Chicago, IL 60647
• Applicant should be able to commute to local employer for the duration of the program.
• If student is under 18 years of age at the time of submitting this application, a parent or guardian consent is required. See bottom of the form to provide information necessary for submitting parent/guardian consent.
* Note: There is flexibility with school grades when other factors such as teacher recommendation, prescreening and employer interviews are looked at in a holistic manner.