The Friends Board consists of 13-22 members who can serve up to three three-year terms. The Friends is committed to making Board service rewarding and enjoyable and to helping Board members exercise their special skills and talents.
General Responsibilities for Board Service:
- Be a dues paying member of the Friends, and renew annually.
- Actively prepare for and participate in monthly Friends Board meetings.
- Join and actively participate in at least one of the Board committees. Committees generally meet once per month, but time commitment may vary depending upon the committee and Friends schedule.
- Attend and participate in the Annual Board Retreat held in late fall every year.
- Volunteer for at least one of the Friends books sales each year.
- Volunteer for at least one of the additional Friends activities or operations.
- Participate in other Friends-sponsored advocacy or community education events