Have a bike? Need a bike? You’re in the right place.
Transportation Alternatives in New York City started the #BikeMatch program there to connect essential workers with bicycles to ease their transportation to and from work. In Indianapolis, bicycles are also an essential transportation for many who need to get around during the coronavirus outbreak. This might include traveling to essential jobs, running crucial errands, or participating in mutual aid for vulnerable people who cannot leave their homes. Bike Indianapolis is connecting Hoosiers who have an extra bicycle to those who need one. Whether you have a bike or need a bike, fill out the form below, and we will match you.
1. Only offer bikes that are in ready-to-ride condition.
2. If you are offering a bike, for sanitary purposes, clean the bike thoroughly before hand-off (handlebars, gear shifters, seat, etc).
3. Both people offering and receiving bikes will be expected to participate in an outdoor, no-contact exchange in a public place observing social distancing guidelines.
4. If you have a fever or cough, or have been exposed to someone who has a fever or cough, please self-quarantine and refrain from participating.
5. For sanitary purposes, all bike exchanges are permanent.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org