2021-2022 Goddard Public Schools Out-of-District Application
Goddard School District, USD 265, recognizes the desire of some parents/guardians to enroll their children in a school other than their neighborhood schools. Limited enrollment of non-resident students may be made on a space availability basis.
Completing this application process is the first step to be considered for enrollment in USD 265. Non-resident students accepted for enrollment in Goddard USD 265 will be assigned to a Goddard School District attendance center by the Superintendent of Schools or designee.
This application is DUE JULY 16, 2021 IN ITS ENTIRETY.
To apply for admission to Goddard Public School District as a non-resident student, please follow these Out-of-District Application procedures.
1. Complete the 2021-2022 Goddard School District Out-of-District Enrollment Application through Google Forms (
2. Complete an Open Out-of-District Application Google Form for each child you are requesting to enroll in Goddard School District.
3. Return the following completed forms (Pupil Records Request and the Notice of Expulsion and Longterm Suspension) to the USD 265 Administration Center, P. O. Box 249, 201 S. Main Street, Goddard, KS 67052 by 4:00 p.m. on July 16, 2021. Completed applications must include the records from the student’s previous school that are listed on the “Pupil Records Request” form.
Pupil Records Request and Notice of Expulsion and Longterm Suspension forms:
4. The application form will be reviewed by the superintendent or designee, and a decision to approve or deny the application based on a space availability basis will be made by August 6th, 2021.
5. The USD 265 ‘New Student Online Enrollment’ NSOE process must be completed by the parent/guardian of non-resident students from their assigned school, upon approval for acceptance in Goddard School District. All enrollment forms must be completed for the NSOE process before enrollment is considered complete.
7. Students who reside in Goddard School District and move out of their school attendance zone during the school year must inform the school office of that status and their intent to continue or discontinue enrollment.
8. A non-resident student accepted through open enrollment is not required to reapply on an annual basis providing the student has a continuous enrollment and has not withdrawn from Goddard School District and enrollment has not been revoked by Goddard School District officials.
9. Goddard School District is a member of a special education inter-local cooperative. IEP’s will be reviewed and written to align with district services, instruction and assessments, once the student has successfully completed all enrollment requirements.
Parents/guardians are responsible for transporting non-resident students accepted under open enrollment.
KSHSAA Varsity Sports/Activities
A student who plans to participate in a varsity sport and/or activity governed by the Kansas High School Activities Association (KSHSAA) should review KSHSAA rules prior to submitting an open enrollment application form. Certain school transfers will lead to a student being ineligible to participate at the varsity level for 18 weeks.
Application Process and Timeline
Open enrollment applications for non-resident students will be available from March 31,2021 through July 16, 2021, for the 2021-2022 school year. Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served, space-available basis. Applicants will be notified by August 6, 2021, of approval or non-approval status.
The superintendent or designee may deny an open enrollment request when such enrollment would have a negative impact on the efficient use of district resources. The superintendent or designee may set numerical limits for schools, grade levels, or programs to provide for appropriate and efficient use of facilities and staff.
Resident students (school district residents of Goddard School District, USD 265) shall have priority to all classes, buildings and grade levels over non-resident open enrollment applicants.
Goddard School District is a member of a special education interlocal cooperative. IEP’s will be reviewed and written to align with district services, instruction and assessments upon approval status of open enrollment and successful completion of all enrollment requirements for the student.
Revocation of Acceptance
Goddard School District reserves the right to revoke enrollment of a non-resident student at any time because of unacceptable behavior, false or misleading information on the open enrollment application, lack of academic progress, or poor attendance.
Student Rights and Responsibilities
Due process for all students remains the same regardless of what school they attend within the Goddard School District and regardless of where the student resides once accepted under the open enrollment policy.
Preventing or Recruiting Potential Open Enrollment Students
Goddard School District employees will take no action to prohibit or prevent application by its students to attend school in another school district. In no case is an employee of Goddard School District to recruit students outside of their attendance area.
Factors which may cause an Open Enrollment Application to be denied include:
1. School, grade, or program(s) lack available space and/or staff;
2. The student has been suspended or expelled from school;
3. The student is not in good standing in the current school;
4. Information on the Open Enrollment Application has been misrepresented or was incomplete.
Page 1 of 18
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Goddard Public Schools.