We are so glad that you're interested in an opportunity of being a paid intern and critical part of Ag47 Collective.
Before you apply, please learn about the opportunities we have available below and specify which role you are the most interested in pursuing within your application. Because we only have TWO SPOTS AVAILABLE every year, there will be interviews conducted with our finalists in September/October. If you have a documentation requirement to receive a credit from your school or university, please send that to us as soon as possible by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You should live, or attend school, in the City of Chicago.- You should be 18 or older.- You should be available Sundays, between the hours of 2-5pm, from January through May. If you have any conflicts, please include in your application below. We will do our best to accommodate individuals--we just need advance notice!
The Arts Administration internship is ideal for the visionary who hopes to one day run their own arts organization, DIY space, or creative business. In this role, you will be paired with two women in executive leadership roles in Ag47 Collective to gain better insight into how an organization runs, and pulling the curtain back on the general machinery that has to move to keep an organization sustainable, radical, inclusive, and financially viable.
What You'll Do:
- Assist with event coordination of our two major events of the year--our mid-year live art fundraiser and our end-of-year culminating showcase that presents the art we've made throughout the year to our community at large. These tasks include, but aren't limited to: writing and sending out press releases, coordinating artwork for the event, securing space for the events, brainstorming & seeing through event stations, activities, and sponsorship relationships.
- Assist in the management of social media accounts. These tasks include, but aren't limited to: co-managing facebook, twitter, and instagram accounts and proposing innovative and creative programs or campaigns for these social media hubs.
- Bookkeeping 101. Learn the ins & outs of fiscal accountability & management. Help with the quarterly financial reports and maintaining merch inventory.
- Got a task you'd like to take on? Reach out to us and we can talk about catering aspects of this role to the experience you're looking for!
The Programming Assistant internship is a perfect fit for the individual who wants to learn about the scalability of their personal creative process and/or teaching artist work. An individual in this role thrives on relationship building with women artists throughout the city of Chicago. The Programming Assistant intern also fancies themselves a quick creative thinker who can solve a supply problem or brainstorm the best way to complete an art project or communicate a vision from the mind to the page, to the body, to a song.
- Assist in the process of recruitment of guest artists, curriculum development, and problem-solving with the intent of getting workshops from the proposal pages to a time-managed final project.
- Develop a creative feedback model for the guest artists who join us and work with us to learn about their experience with our organization and present back to the women working in leadership at the end of the year.
- Act as a teaching artist assistant/workshop manager at least once a month (Sundays, 2-5pm in Logan Square)--culling supplies, sending out info to mentors and mentees in advance of the workshop on what to expect, brainstorm, or bring, and open and close out the workshop space with activities.