Can you identify a story's theme from its synopsis?
Based on the following log lines, what might be the theme of the story?
1. A new society created by marooned schoolboys is usurped by its strongest members
Man vs Nature
The Circle of Life
2. A notoriously talented runner loses to an unlikely rival when he naps half-way through a race.
Man's need to compete
Illusion vs Reality
Overconfidence and complacency
3. A radical young architect comes into conflict with an establishment bound by tradition.
Loss of Innocence
The Individual vs The Collective
4. The leader of an African village observes the influence of British Colonialism and Christian Missionaries on his community
The Dangers of Ignorance
Tradition vs Change
5. In a post-apocalyptic world where every stranger may be a killer, a man and his son stay low to survive.
Trust and doubt
Power and violence
The Individual vs Society
6. While all signs point to him becoming an evil wizard, a young student desires to become good.
Good vs Evil
Fate vs Free Will
The magic of everyday life
7. A new immigrant discovers the harsh working conditions and wage slavery of the American meatpacking industry.
The fragile nature of flesh
The greatness of individual success
The evils of Capitalism
This form was created inside of Reedsy.