Leadership 8 Application 2020-2021
This application is for grade 7 students who will be in grade 8 in the 2020-2021 school year.
Leadership students help run events (ex. Welcome Back BBQ), assemblies (ex. Remembrance Day), and assist teachers as needed throughout the school year with various activities (ex. score and line keepers, Grade 5 tours etc.)
Successful Leadership students show-up, help out, and are prepared to offer their input to events and their support to everyone around them. Leadership students demonstrate Dunsmuir's values of Honesty, Kindness, and Respect and are role models to their peers.
You will be successful in Leadership if you:
- are organized
- work well independently, you are a self-starter
- work well with others. You might not work with your friend all the time and sometimes you might be the leader of a group!
- are punctual - arriving on time, planning your schedule and communicating with your teachers. If you can't make an event, you find someone to replace you.
- are respectful to others in the school community - adults, students, even community members
- have a positive attitude. We all have rough days, but it's how we handle those rough days, that's the key!
- want to offer your skills and ideas. Everyone has unique and wonderful ideas, what are yours?!
So if you think you'd be a great fit for Leadership - apply below.
No guarantee that everyone will get in - this is an application process. Your advisory teacher may be contacted for a reference. Students will be chosen in September. Limit of 40 students.
Applications are due: Thursday June 11th. Late applications will not be accepted.
Applicant First Name
Applicant Last Name
Who is your current grade 7 advisory teacher?
Who is one additional teacher or adult at Dunsmuir that could give you a reference? *Remember to check with them first!*
This year there was one before-school 8:30am meeting. If we have a before-school meeting next year, will you be able to make it? If you are a music student in band or choir, don't worry - this won't affect getting into Leadership.
Yes - I could get to Dunsmuir by 8:30am once a week.
No - I cannot get to Dunsmuir by 8:30am once a week.
I might have band, choir, or another class in the morning.
Page 1 of 6
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of School District #62 (Sooke).