Why: Introduction to Caving
Event dates: Feb 23 to Feb 24
Feb 23* Arrive at Luke's Lodge by 8am, Feb 23* Important: we'll go straight to caving before setting up camp. All Scouts should have their caving clothes ready when they arrive.* Eat breakfast before you come or bring sack breakfast* Leave Luke's Lodge at 9am, driving to Sullivan Cave.* Upon arrival at IKC Sullivan Cave, group will set up camp and prepare and eat lunch.* Cave in Sullivan Cave with Paul Uglum, Cave Guide
* Dinner will be hot food.* Overnight at IKC Sullivan Cave Campsite.
Feb 24* Breakfast prepared by group.* Return to Luke's Lodge by 11am
* There is a WAIVER required to participate.** Read First, Instructions on filling out waiver: http://ikc.caves.org/sites/default/files/docs/How%20to%20fill%20out%20an%20IKC%20Waiver.pdf
** Sullivan Cave Waiver at: http://www.ikc.caves.org/sites/default/files/docs/Sullivan.pdf
* Use winter backpacking list as a starting point. ** https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NHR0E5ohA5nMuvp6iMVlAYASs8EtpjLmE1a3ZrbKBwE
* Bring a bicycle helmet or caving helmet.
* Bring clothes that you will never wear outside a cave again or that you can throw away.
* Please review attached Caving Equipment list.** https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q82icV7FqLV7IZfmRg80gth27N9MeD9UYfl3g3uNJUI
This event will cost $15 per scout.