"Veggie at my place" - staff edition
Are you interested in learning to cook more vegetarian or vegan food and also get the chance to meet new people? Welcome to sign up for "Veggie at my place"!
The idea is to create small teams of 4 people and meet once a week at each other's homes and eat veggie food together. In this way you will get the chance to taste new food, have a good time, and also try out your own cooking skills when it's your turn to cook.
We have run the project for students at University of Gothenburg and Chalmers for a couple of years, but as several staff shown interest in joining the project, we now also have opened up a staff-edition.
This is how it will work:
- You sign up using the form below. Last date to sign up is February 21st 2020.
- We match you with three other people and send you an email to introduce you to your new cooking mates.
- On Thursday the 5th March at 17:30 we will arrange a kickoff event where you will get the chance to meet your new cooking mates for the first time in order to get to know each other and decide who is going to cook first.
- Once a week, for four weeks between March and April, you will then meet in each others home and have a nice time together as you try out new veggie food that the host of the evening has cooked. We suggest that you meet around 18:00 - 20:00 for dinner, but of course you can discuss and adjust the time within your group. You may also decide to meet earlier and cook together. There will be no exchange of money, the host of the evening pays for the food he/she cooks. We would be very happy if you like to take a photo of your dinner with your new friends and upload it together with your recipe on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #veggieatmyplace. In this way we can follow all amazing Veggie dinners and get inspiration from each others recipes!
- As a final event of the project we would like all cooking teams to join and share their experience of the project and have a good time together while enjoying some food! The finale event will take place Sunday the 10th of May. We will send out more information about it later on, but please put it in your calendars.
Staff at University of Gothenburg and Chalmers are welcome to sign up. (Students are also welcome to join the project, but they sign up in a separate sign up form). There is room for 120 people in the project, 100 students and 20 staff. First come, first served.
Veggie at my place project team
If you like to come in contact with the organizing team you can email:
Check out our website:
Link for students to sign up:
Sign up form for staff
My name is...
First and last name
I would prefer to learn to cook more:
Choose if you prefer to be in a team cooking vegan or vegetarian food. We will do our best to respect your choice when making the teams. But sometimes vegetarian people end up in vegan teams as there are many factors we take into account when making the teams such as allergies, where you live etc.
Vegan food (only food from the plant kingdom)
Vegatarian food (no meat or fish, but ok with dairy products and eggs)
How often do you eat veggie food in general?
For lunch or dinner once a week
A couple of times a week
Always vegetarian food
Always vegan food
In which area do you live in?
North west (Hisingen)
South west (Eg. Högsbo, Frölunda, Sandarna, Majorna, Masthugget, Tynnered)
North east (Eg. Gamlestan, Kviberg, Kortedala, Bergsjön, Angered)
South east (Eg. Örgryte, Härlanda, Björkekärr, Lunden, Olskroken, Kålltorp, Sävedalen)
Center (Eg. Centrum, Haga, Linne, Annedal, Guldheden, Landala, Johanneberg, Heden, Gårda)
State your address (street, post code, city)
What gender do you identify as?
We ask as we like to create mixed teams if possible
How old are you?
What country do you come from?
Please state your country. Ex. Sweden / Kenya / Argentina / India
Where and what do you work with?
Eg. University of Gothenburg, researcher at dep of Global Studies / Chalmers, phD at dep of electrical engineering
Why would you like to join this project?
Do you have any food allergies?
If so, please state it here, otherwise leave the area empty
Do you have any other allergies or requirements that we should know about?
Eg. cat/dog allergy, need of handicap-friendly places
Do you have animals at home?
If so, please state what types (cat, dog, horse...)
Is your home handicap-friendly?
Yes, its possible to access with a wheel chair
Write you email address
Restate your email address
Write your phone number
Please include your country code, for example + 46 or + 49 etc.
Will you be able to come to the Kickoff event?
Yes, i can come to the Kick-off event the 5th March at 17:30.
No, im busy that day.
Have you participated in the project before?
Yes, I've been part of Veggie at my place before
No, this is my first time
Yes, I agree that the information I have given above will be stored and used for the administration of the project and to recieve information about upcoming events and opportunities related to sustainability.
Feel free to add comments here if there is something more you like to tell us, otherwise just press "Skicka/Send".
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service