Midterm 1 - Second Chance/Make-up Exam
Requirements to take Make-up Exam
Recall that you must send Aram an email BEFORE the exam in order to take the make-up exam with:
- Brief explanation of absence from exam
- Appropriate supporting documentation
Requirements to take Second Chance Exam
None. Everyone is allowed to take a second chance exam.
*Remember that the second chance exam will be harder than Midterm 1*
- Max grade for a second chance exam is 80% (whatever score you get, I'll remove 20% to bring it down to max 80%)
- The average between your two exams will be your final grade
1) Midterm 1 score: 40%; Midterm 1 Second chance exam score: 90%.
- Final score = (40 + (90-20)) / 2 = (40+70) /2 = 65%
2) Midterm 1 score: 90%; Midterm 1 Second chance exam score: 100%.
- Final score = (90 + (100-20)) / 2 = (90 + 80) /2 = 85%
- In other words, if you have over 80% on the 1st midterm, taking the second chance exam WILL hurt your final grade
3) Midterm 1 score: 70%; Midterm 1 Second chance exam score: 85%.
- Final score = (70 + (85-20)) / 2 = (70+65) /2 = 67.5%
- In other words, if you did ok on the exam, you must do EXTREMELY well on the second chance exam in order for it to be worth it; or else (like in example 2) you might decrease your grade)
Email (in moodle)
Are you doing the second chance exam or the make-up exam? (Both are at the same time/place and are the same exam. Only the grading is different)
Second chance exam
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service