The town of Wells, BC, Canada has been the home of the Wells Annual International One Minute Play Festival since 2000. Co-founded by Paul Crawford and Charles Ross, the One Minute Play Festival was originally designed to provide those living and working in Wells/Barkerville an inclusive forum for creative self-expression. The second year saw us expand our call for submissions adding International to our name and in 2004 we joined forces with the ArtsWells Festival with whom we have continued to partner with since.
Over the years we have become the longest running and the oldest “One Minute Play Festival”, and its spirit was born out of many years spent at summer camp and participating in skit night. The hope was to create a platform where everyone in attendance felt they could not only participate and contribute not only to the content but also in the adjudication of the submitted performances. In the years that followed we further democratized the process by also allowing the entry of One Minute Excuses, removing any and all barriers for anyone participating in this family friendly event.
This year in celebration of our 20th Anniversary we are taking the One Minute Play Festival to the internet and we are inviting anyone and everyone to submit a digital submission into this year’s online festival. Deadline for submissions will be 5:00 pm on Friday, September 4, 2020. All the entries will be shared to the ArtsWells Website and the entries available for viewing and the public will be invited to vote on their favourite. As per usual we are lining up a panel of celebrity judges who will make the final judgement with the winners being announced on the Monday of Labour Day weekend (September 7th, 2020).
All the information you need to know:
1) All submissions must be 60 seconds of less and must include a title for your performance, names of all participants, contact info including mailing address and a brief bio and/or the story behind your group and your entry …
2) Submissions must be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo or Google Drive, with a link sent to us in this form.
3) In addition to traditional theatre performances and skits you can also enter an: Animation, Dance Routine, Excuse, Spoken Word, Original Song, Rhyme, Poem or whatever else you can imagine, actualize and realize in 60 seconds or less …
4) Prizes as always will be $75.00 first place, $50.00 Second Place, $25.00 Third Place
5) Enter your name and addresses for the much loved and coveted prizes, prizes, prizes
6) You may enter as often as you wish!
You can explore a number of entries from the early years to spark your imagination at: http://oneminuteplay.com/past-entries/