INTERGENERATIONAL DIALOGUE "100 YEARS OF THE INTERNATIONAL CIVIL SERVICE" ANONYMOUS SURVEY FOR CURRENT AND FORMER INTERNATIONAL CIVIL SERVANTS
The Association of Former International Civil Servants Greycells organises, in collaboration with its partners, an Intergenerational Dialogue on the 100 Years of the International Civil Service on 21 November 2019 in Geneva, at La Pastorale (see the programme, the registration form and the concept note of the event on
If you are an active or a former International Civil Servant, please share anonymously your points of view; they will be very helpful to orient the intergenerational dialogue session to be held on 21 November 2019 in Geneva at La Pastorale.
The results of this survey will be posted on
on 21 November 2019, and presented at the Dialogue. The closing date of this survey is 13 November 2019 at midnight. Many thanks in advance for your participation.
Please provide the following information for statistical purposes only (it will be kept anonymous). Are you :
An active UN staff member ?
A retired UN staff member ?
1. Neutrality and independence are the main features of the international civil service since 1919. Have you experienced personally, or are you aware of cases where the neutrality and / or independence of an official has not been respected? IF YOUR ANSWER IS NO, MOVE TO QUESTION 2. IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES, PLEASE ANSWER QUESTIONS 1a, 1b and 1c
1a When you experienced or were informed of cases of non-respect of neutrality and/or independence, (you can click on several answers)
Was it because of pressure from a Member State?
Was it because of pressure from a private institution or private enterprise?
Was it because because of pressure from your superiors?
1b As to the origins of these incidents, were these issues related to (you can click on several answers)
The application or defense of norms or principles of the United Nations or its agencies?
Management of financial or human resources?
Harassment or discrimination?
1c Any comments about such incidents?
2. Compared to the past 20 or 30 years, do you think that the profession of international civil servant, among the public opinion in general, is nowadays: (you can click on several answers)
Better appreciated / recognized
Less appreciated / recognized
2a Any comments on the evolution on the past 20 or 30 years of international civil service ?
3. In your opinion, in the next 10 to 15 years, multilateralism and its corollary the international civil service, will: (you can click on several answers)
not change at all
3a. Any comments on question 3?
4. Have you signed an oath of office?
Don't know / don't remember
5. If your answer to the previous question is yes, in your opinion, is this oath of office: (you can click on several answers)
Relevant or meaningful
Not relevant or meaningful
Do not have an opinion on this matter
6. ANY FINAL COMMENTS ON THE PAST AND FUTURE OF THE INTERNATIONAL CIVIL SERVICE?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Actuarial-i.