University of Pittsburgh MLS/MLIS Alumni
As the faculty of the Master of Library and Information Science program, we’d like to hear about your career experiences as we implement the redesigned MLIS curriculum with a new cohort of students in Fall Term 2019 and prepare for the COA re-accreditation of the MLIS program in 2020. Learning about your experiences can help us shape the learning experiences of our new students and provide authentic context for the Re-Accreditation Self-Study.
Please Share Your Professional Work Experiences to Help Faculty Implement the Re-designed MLIS Curriculum & Prepare for COA Re-Accreditation
1. What is your current work situation?
Non-governmental organization (NGO) that is not a library, archive, or museum
Pursuing advance education
Not currently working
2. How long have you worked since you earned your MLS/MLIS degree?
1-5 years (early career)
6-14 years (mid-career)
15+ years (experienced career)
3. In your own professional experience have you used qualitative information to gather and analyze an information problem or need?
4. In your own professional experience have you used inquiry-based methods to design, build, and test solutions to your problem or need?
5. In your own professional experience have you assessed, evaluated, and measured the success and sustainability of your designed solution?
6. What do you think are the factors that contribute most to your career success?
A behavior or a value (e.g., ethics, patron focus, service orientation, flexibility)
A soft skill (e.g., interpersonal relations, teaming, community outreach)
A professional competency (e.g., oral and written communication and presentation skills, technical skills, content knowledge, project management, strategic planning and assessment)
7. Will you identify one thing from your MLS/MLIS degree experience that has helped you most in your career?
8. What is the biggest change in your professional work environment you have experienced at your institution?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service