Worksheet 4 Practice Questions
1. You own a leather repair shop where you repair leather goods, clothing, and furniture. A customer has asked you to restore a set of leather living room furniture.You determine that you need 150 linear feet of leather to complete the restoration. Your local supplier can sell you leather at $21.99 per linear yard. An online supplier can sell you leather at $19.99 per linear yard,plus $9.99 shipping and handling per yard. What would be the lowest cost for the leather you need?
2. You are going to attend night classes for 4 months.You have to earn an additional $987 for tuition within this time. You decide to take a second job that pays $9dollars an hour. You can work as many hours for this job as you like. Taxes are 12% of your earnings, and you are able to save the rest. Over these 4 months,what is the minimum number of hours you will need to work in order to save enough money for your tuition alone? Round your answer to the nearest hour.
3. You are asked to tile and carpet an office building.You are given dimensions of the office building(12’×20’ will be tiled and 14’×18’ will be carpeted). You charge $0.99 per square foot of tile and $5.99 per square foot of carpet. What is the estimated cost of tiling and carpeting the office building?
4. You are working for a landscaper. A new customer needs to have a 100-foot by 60-foot area of land seeded with grass. The grass seed you use comes in bags that can cover 250 square feet. How many bags of grass seed will you need to complete the project?
5. You are a painter. You are estimating how much paint it will take you to cover 5 large canvases and 2 small canvases. Each large canvas needs 4 1/2 cups of paint, and each small canvas needs 2 2/3 cups of paint. How many cups of paint will you need in all to cover all of these canvases?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Lafayette Parish School System.
Terms of Service