Law students from Brooklyn Law School will provide a brief legal advice clinic in conjunction with pro bono attorneys from top NYC law firms.
Free one-on-one sessions with founders/owners and teams of law students and attorneys on Wednesday, October, 4th.
* Contracts & Agreements: co-founder agreements, vesting, consulting contracts, etc.
* Intellectual Property (IP): trademarks, patents, copyrights.
* Business Formation: Inc vs LLC, Delaware corporations, non-profit 501c, etc.
* Employment & Labor: employment contracts, freelancer vs employee, etc.
* Immigration: founders on visas, expired visas, etc.
* Office/commercial leases (non-residential)
These will be brief one-on-one sessions with founders/owners and teams of law students and attorneys.
FREE LEGAL CLINIC DATE: Wednesday, October, 4th, 6:00pm to 8:30pm.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, October 1st at 10pm.
DO NOT WAIT TO APPLY. Space is limited and clinic slots are being filled on a rolling basis.
ELIGIBILITY & RULES
1. Startup founders, solopreneurs, brick & mortar owners, and social entrepreneurs can apply.
2. You do not need to have a formal business yet.
3. Founder, owner, or one co-founder should live and/or work in Brooklyn. Priority will be given to entrepreneurs who live and/or work in Brooklyn.
4. There is NO FEE to participate.
5. You MUST be a member of one of these eight Meetup groups to participate:
* Brooklyn Startups ~~ Launch Brooklyn Startups
* Lean Startup Circle NYC ~~ Startups in High Heels
* NYC Green Technology ~~ Black Female Tech Entrepreneurs NYC
* WordPress Brooklyn ~~ Brooklyn Innovation Meetup
6. Decisions of the selection committee are final.
NOTE: Only founders/co-founders and owners accepted for the clinic will be allowed into the event. NO observers.
Send questions to "info" at Brooklyninnovation- [dot] -com.