Who Should be Reporting Their Volunteer Hours?Everyone that helps the PTA. That includes you, grandparents, spouses etc.
What Qualifies as Volunteering?Volunteering for Lafayette Elementary can be done on-site, from your home, from your work (i.e.data entry), before school, after school, during morning drop-off, at PTA Meetings, when you help out in the classrooms or over the summer. We’ve made it easy for you to log your hours by creating five volunteer categories:
1. Meeting Time(Examples: PTA Meeting, Room Parent Meeting, Committee Meeting)
2. Preparation Time(Examples: Helped set up Art in Action, helped Autumn Carnival Committee organize volunteers, helped set up for the Community Giving Event in December)
3. Events(Examples: Autumn Carnival, Halloween, Fun Run, Sing-a-Long)
4. Writing / Administrative / Creative(Examples: Yearbook committee, Coordinate Field Trips in the classroom, Coordinate Reflections Contest)
5. AttendingExamples: PTA Meeting, Town Hall Meeting)
Why Track the Hours?As a PTA we need to capture and report ALL volunteer time. These hours are very important to keep Lafayette's PTA status as a non-profit organization. Our non-profit status allows our PTA to raise money that funds all kinds of great Lafayette resources such as: Ms. Tong, Outdoor Education Teacher, fund class field trips, and provide teacher stipends and lots more!
How Do I Track My Time?Easy....Enter your name and your child’s room #. Go to the month you volunteered and enter your volunteer hours.
Hit SUBMIT (bottom of the page) and you’re done.
What If I Missed Reporting Last Month’s Hours?No problem! The system tracks all school year long (vs closing out each month). Log any month at any time.