2019-2020 Bloomfield Saturday Winter Market Vendor Application
Thank you for applying to become a vendor at the Bloomfield Saturday Winter Market. After hitting submit, please return to the Bloomfield Development Corporation website and pay the application fee.
Your application will not be processed until we receive the application fee.
2019-2020 Bloomfield Saturday Market Rules and Regulations
The Bloomfield Development Corporation will enforce all rules and regulations. Bloomfield Development Corporation retains the right to prohibit a vendor from participating in the Market, without a refund, if rules are broken. Hard copies of all rules and regulations are available upon request.
1. Stall Location & Amount of Space: Vendor Stall location is subject to change permanently or temporarily during the 2019-2020 contract season. All vending tables, tents, merchandise, signage and inventory must be set up in the specified 10’ x 10’ space. Fines will be levied if additional space is used without the Market Manager's approval.
2. Vendor Stall Supplies: Vendors furnish their own tables, chairs, signage, and canopies. Canopies must be 10'x10' and square, must be weighted down every week due to the variability of wind and weather at our site, and must be in reasonable shape. Vendors who do not have weights will be asked to leave the Market.
3. Signage: Vendors must display easy-to-read signage with the name of their business and its location or base of operations. Signage must be posted within the stall by 15 minutes prior to market opening, and signs must be no smaller than 8"x10". The price and origin (if different from business location) must be posted on or near items for sale.
4. Vehicles: Vehicles from which goods are sold must meet the Bloomfield Development Corporation’s standard of cleanliness: no rusted out, unpainted, visually objectionable vehicles, and/or bad odors will be allowed.
5. Keep the Market Area Beautiful: Vendors will be asked to make their displays as attractive as possible, displaying items vertically by adding height to items displayed on tables. Vendors furnish their own broom, dustpans and garbage removal. Vendors are responsible for cleaning their stalls at the end of each Market day including sweeping space. All garbage must be removed from the Market. Garbage, including boxes, MUST be taken with you and cannot be put in garbage cans on the lot. Vendors who do not remove their garbage may be asked to leave the Market.
6. Product Acceptance: The Bloomfield Development Corporation reserves the right to approve, refuse, & limit ALL products to be sold at the Bloomfield Saturday Market. Vendors must provide a comprehensive list of all products they intend to sell at time of application. Vendors must request approval from the Market Manager prior to adding or changing products to be sold at the Market. Market staff requires two weeks to review and approve these requests. Vendors who do not comply with this process will be asked to leave the market.
7. Origin of Product: Only vendors who have been approved may sell brokered produce/products. All vendors must label origin of produce/products.
8. Insurance: All Vendors must obtain a minimum of $1 million general liability insurance. Prepared or Processed Food and Health/Beauty product Vendors must obtain a minimum of $1 million Product and Premises Liability insurance in addition to general liability insurance. All Vendors' insurance must name the Bloomfield Development Corporation and West Penn Hospital (the venue owner) as “additional insured,” and vendors must provide certificates to Market Manager at least one week prior to vending. Vendors may not sell without this information on file with Bloomfield Development Corporation.
9. Subleasing Space: Vendors may not sublet space, or sell product for other people/businesses.
10. Vendors must comply with all local, state, and federal regulations that apply to their business.
11. No Tobacco or Alcohol Use: West Penn Hospital/Allegheny Health Network does not allow tobacco or alcohol use of any kind on their properties. Please refrain from consuming alcohol, smoking or using any tobacco products while on the Market.
Signing and returning this application indicates all rules and regulations have been read by prospective vendors and their staff.
I have read and accept the rules and regulations of the Bloomfield Saturday Market.
2019-2020 Bloomfield Saturday Market Attendance Policies
Winter Market Hours: 11am-2pm
vendor set-up 9:30-10:45am, vendor tear-down 2:10-3:00pm
1. Set Up & Tear Down: All tents, tables, signage, etc. must be completely set up at least 15 minutes prior to market opening. Tear down cannot start until at least 10 minutes after market closing.
2. Arriving Late: Scheduled vendor must notify the Market Manager of late arrival BY PHONE CALL ONLY at least 30 minutes prior to market opening in order to keep designated stall. (724.271.8971) If notification is not provided, Market Manager will assign alternate vendor to any open stall. Vendors arriving late may be assigned to alternate stall space at Bloomfield Saturday Market staff discretion and if habitually late will be asked to leave the market.
3. Rain or Shine Policy: The Bloomfield Saturday Market is a rain or shine market and therefore weather does not constitute an emergency absence. In the event of dangerous forecast weather, the Market Manager will notify all vendors of abbreviated market hours or cancellation by 5 am on Market day.
4. Absence Policy: The market will be most successful when 100% of scheduled vendors are present. Vendors are required to notify the Market Manager by noon the Friday prior if they will be absent on any given Saturday. In cases of emergency, vendors must notify the Market Manager BY PHONE CALL ONLY. If THREE absences occur without notice by noon the Friday prior to a given Market, vendor will be asked to leave the market.
Signing and returning this application indicates all attendance policies have been read by prospective vendors and their staff.
I have read and accept the attendance policies of the Bloomfield Saturday Market.
Regulatory Compliance: Taxes, Licenses, and Insurance
All vendors are required to have a Certificate of Liability Insurance documenting Bloomfield Development Corporation AND West Penn Hospital, the venue owner, as additional insured, along with any required permits or licenses on file with the Bloomfield Development Corporation prior to selling at the Market.
Bloomfield Development Corporation
4900 Friendship Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
West Penn Hospital
4800 Friendship Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Signing and returning this application indicates all policies regarding regulatory compliance have been read by prospective vendors.
I have read the above and understand that I must provide insurance and any additional permits or licenses.
Market Manager Contact Information
Please save the Market Manager's contact information in your mobile device or address book. If after noon on the Friday prior to a market day, please call the Market Manager's cell phone directly to ensure they receive your message.
Cell phone: 724.271.8971
ATTN: Market Manager
Bloomfield Development Corporation
4900 Friendship Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Please mail or email all copies of additional insured certificates to the Market Manager upon acceptance into the market.
Name of Business
Checks Payable To:
Name to whom checks should be addressed, if different from business name
Name of Business Owner
Business Phone Number
Names of ALL persons on-site at the Market
Note: Business owner is responsible for ensuring all employees selling at the market are aware of and comply with all rules and procedures of the Bloomfield Saturday Market.
Contact Number for On-site Staff
Phone number for staff person who will be running vendor stall on-site at the Market. If staff changes during the season, please notify Market Manager and provide contact information accordingly.
SS# or Taxpayer ID #
PA Sales Tax Permit # (if applicable)
FMNP Certificate # and Certification Date (if applicable)
Describe below the products you intend to sell at the 2019-2020 Bloomfield Saturday Winter Market.
The Bloomfield Saturday Market reserves the right to approve and/or limit products to be sold at the Bloomfield Saturday Market. Vendors must request approval from the Market Manager before changing or adding products during each season and in between seasons.
Would you like to use a generator at the Market?
If yes, please include your generator's make, model, and year of manufacture in section "Additional Information" at the end of the application.
1st and 3rd Saturdays
November 16 - March 21 (9 weeks)
Market Time: 11am-2pm
Vendor Set-up: 10am-10:45am
Vendor Tear-down: 2:10pm-3:00pm
Deadline to apply for full season: Friday, October 18, 2019
Payment due Friday, November 1, 2019
Full-season Winter Vendors:
Payment due Monday, October 28th, 2019.
Additional Stalls (per season):
Payment due at the same time as vendor fee.
$175 each Farmers
$200 each Others
Payment due on the season's due date.
$45 per day Farmers
$65 per day Others
Additional booths same price per day.
I am a:
I am applying to be:
A full-season winter vendor
An occasional vendor
How many spaces are you applying for?
Occasional Vendors: which dates are you interested in attending the Market?
Bloomfield Development Corporation reserves the right to approve or reject each individual date listed on your application. Please note that if accepted for a date listed on your application, this is regarded as a commitment to that date. No refunds will be given for absences, unless due to market cancellation. Rescheduling dates is available only in limited circumstances, and is at discretion of the Market Manager.
Winter Applicants: please list any dates you plan on missing.
Winter Dates: 11/16, 12/7, 12/21, 1/4, 1/18, 2/1, 2/15, 3/7, 3/21
WHEREAS, Bloomfield Development Corporation promotes a Farmers Market in the Bloomfield neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania;
WHEREAS "Vendor" wishes to rent a booth from Bloomfield Development Corporation, and THEREFORE, in consideration of the lease of the booth and other good and valuable consideration, the parties agree as follows:
1. Vendor agrees to pay Bloomfield Development Corporation specified rent for space during the 2019-2020 Bloomfield Saturday Market. Vendor also understands that application and vendor fees are non-refundable.
2. Vendor shall purchase general commercial liability insurance (or farm insurance) with at least $1,000,000 limits, and shall name Bloomfield Development Corporation and West Penn Hospital as additional insured and certificate holder. Certificate must be on file at Bloomfield Development Corporation prior to vending at the 2019-2020 Bloomfield Saturday Market.
3. Vendor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Bloomfield Development Corporation, and its employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against and from all of the following in connection with the 2019-2020 Bloomfield Saturday Market.
(a) ALL claims, demands, actions and causes of action, together with the costs and expenses, including attorney fees of defending such a claim, resulting or arising from any claimed loss or damage to persons for injury or death or in property which may be due or result from the installation, occupancy, operation, use, maintenance or repair of any stand, bay, booth or other installation or structure of any kind.
(b) ALL claims, demands, actions and causes of action, together with the costs and expenses, including attorney fees of defending such a claim, resulting or arising from any claimed damage from consumption of products, food or goods which are sold, obtained, received or acquired from any booth or other installations of any kind leased to the Vendor.
4. Vendor shall pay Bloomfield Development Corporation the full amount of any loss or damage including, but not limited to court costs and attorney fees, which it may sustain, incur or become liable for defending or prosecuting any action or claim arising from this Agreement.
5. Vendor agrees to obtain at Vendor’s cost all licenses / permits required by City of Pittsburgh and State of Pennsylvania, and to provide Bloomfield Development Corporation copies of all such licenses and permits.
6. Vendor agrees to obtain at Vendor’s cost a Pennsylvania sales tax permit and to cause to be collected and paid to the State of Pennsylvania all applicable sales and local option taxes.
7. Vendor has received the 2019-2020 Rules and Regulations. Vendor understands and agrees to follow all rules and regulations set forth by the Bloomfield Winter Market as stated in the Rules and Regulations and in the Application Packet.
8. The laws of Pennsylvania shall govern this Agreement and be binding upon the parties hereto.
Signing and returning this application indicates all rules and regulations have been read and are understood by all vendors/employees.
After hitting submit, please return to the application page on the Bloomfield Development Corp. website, where you can pay the $25 application fee ($1 is added to cover PayPal processing fees). We will not begin processing your application until we receive your application fee.
Website / Social Media
Please provide a website, social media page, or other location where we may find more information about your business.
New Vendors Only: References
Please provide contact information of 2 references who can speak to your experience working with farmers markets, retail experience, or the quality of your products. Please provide contact's name, title, and phone/email address
If there is anything else about your business that you would like us to know, please include that here.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Bloomfield Development Corporation.
Terms of Service