- All parade participants need to be in position for the parade between 8-9AM for line-up and judging. Judging starts at 9am.
- Keep the parade tight, but maintain a safe distance behind the entry in front of you. Gaps create unsafe situations with people trying to cross through the parade.
- No stopping during the parade to complete a routine – (ie. dancers, cars, ATVs)
When this happens gaps develop, the parade slows down and it creates unsafe conditions.
- Music is used on a lot of floats, please use PG versions of songs and keep volume at an appropriate level. This is a family event and we will not allow foul language.
- Large Equipment and tractors must have a person walking on both sides to prevent accidents with children. We ask that large equipment be limited to 4 units per business or organization entry.
- No littering, please dispose of your trash and float decorations appropriately.
- Complete the entire parade route.
- Please throw candy to the curbs to keep everyone safe.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY have fun and bring your enthusiasm, you make the parade!
- See map below for your line-up location
- Parade line-up will be on a first come, first serve basis.
- The parade will start promptly at 10am, Saturday, September 16th, 2023
- Enter Havre High School parking lot at 17th St off of 5th Avenue to 8th Ave entrance.
- Do not go to Rod’s Drive-In as the road will be blocked.
- Vehicles not participating in the parade will not be able to enter the Havre High School campus. Please drop off outside the campus or park and walk in. This will help keep everyone safe.
- If several people are participating with the parade entry (whether walking or riding on float), please choose a place to gather off the Havre High School campus. Car drop offs will not be allowed into the parking lot area. We need to keep congestion to a minimum for safety reasons, this will also expedite parade line-up.
- Use the back road into the UPS parking lot and NOT Rod’s Road. Please stage your trailers in this parking lot and start organizing at 9AM.
- Start at Rod’s Drive-In on 5th Avenue and Bullhook Road, North on 5th Avenue to 3rd Street. West (left) on 3rd Street to 1st Ave (Post Office) and disperse from there. (see map below)
- Large equipment that can’t negotiate the west turn onto 3rd Street need to proceed North on 5th Ave. (ie. combines, large trucks, large equipment, etc.)
JUDGING OF FLOATS
- Mayor’s Choice - Best Overall Theme
- Best Non-Commercial Float
- Best Commercial Float
Winners receive a plaque, a Chamber gift certificate and recognition in the Chamber Newsletter, on Social Media, and in the Havre Daily News.
Thank you participants, the parade is one of the highlights of the festival! Contact the Havre Chamber with questions 406-265-4383 or email@example.com