Cannon Music Camp: Online Request for Scholarship Consideration
Sending in a performance, attending an audition site, or receiving a scholarship offer DOES NOT SECURE a place for you at Camp, you need to APPLY thru the application process at
to secure a space in your performance area for camp.
We have a limited amount of scholarship money to distribute to individuals who want to participate in the process. Scholarships are awarded and reviewed until the end of March, or when funds are depleted, which ever occurs first. Our average scholarship offer ranges from $125 to $425.
If you receive multiple scholarship offers from Cannon Music Camp, we only use ONE OFFER, so please request to use the highest amount. We regret that students cannot combine scholarship offers.
Please enter the applicant's most used email address, one not likely to change or be checked infrequently. Check your spelling! If you spell your email address incorrectly this may cause a delay.
How to Sign-Up Up for a YouTube Account - DO THIS FIRST!
To sign up, click Sign In the upper right corner of YouTube. Then follow the steps below depending on whether you have a Google Account:
• I already have a Google Account - just sign in with your Google Account email address and password.
• I don't have a Google Account - click Create Account. You can then enter some basic information to create your new Google Account. You'll be asked to create a Google username when signing up. This is for your new Gmail email address only - it will not be your public name on YouTube. Once you're done setting up your Google Account, click Back to YouTube to get started with your new account.
How to Upload a Videos to the YouTube Channel:
To get started uploading videos on YouTube, follow the steps below:
1. Dress for your audition as if it were a live audition.
2. Record your video in an appropriate room or space.
3. Announce your selection giving title, composer before you play or sing.
4. Sign into YouTube with your Google Account.
5. Click the Upload link at the top of the page.
6. Set up your channel (if you do not have one) and begin uploading to YouTube. Your channel name is how you are searched, it is not important to us since your video is unlisted.
7. Select the video you'd like to upload from your computer. You can also record a video from your webcam, or create a video slideshow.
8. Title your video with your name and instrument.
9. While video is uploading UNDER Basic Info – choose to change your Share Preferences, it automatically may share to Google +, so just uncheck that box and any others.
10. Also while in Basic Info- click on Privacy Settings tab AND change it from PUBLIC to UNLISTED. (Do not use PRIVATE)
11. In Advanced Settings- When you upload a public video your subscribers (if any) will automatically be notified. Since this is unlisted, it should not be an issue, just remember to un-tick Notify Subscribers.
12. While it is uploading the video link is to the right of your upload, you can now copy and paste that link into this form and start adding the required information. Please VIEW the video before you hit the “send” button. You can also find the video link at the VIDEO URL in the Video Manager section.
Once the upload is completed YouTube will send you an email to notify you that your video is done uploading and processing. DO NOT send this email to requestor, please go back to your video as indicated in #12 and share the LINK from the YouTube video.
Information from the Camper (Applicant)
Include Street, City, State, and ZIP Code all in one line.
Parent Email Address
Include at least one, if possible, separate multiple email addresses with a comma.
Your age as of today.
The school you are currently attending.
Music Instructor's Name
This would typically be the school band, choir, piano, or orchestra teacher but might also be a private lesson teacher.
Current Grade Level
Previous Camp Attendance
Please indicate the number of years you have previously attended Cannon Music Camp
To complete the scholarship request process the applicant should have already completed the YouTube video and have the information and the URL or web address of the video link ready to enter into the form below. You also need to be able to provide the title of the selections you perform and the composer of the music if you know the composer.
Title of Selection(s) Performed on the YouTube Video
Composer of Selections(s) Performed on the YouTube Video
Web Address/URL of the YouTube Video
Paste below the URL (web address) of your private YouTube video link.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Appalachian State University.