Return to School Y7-13
Please fill in this for if your child is in Year 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 or 13.
If you have multiple children, please fill out a separate form for each child.
Results (which take around half an hour from testing) will be shared directly with staff and pupils participating. Where participants are under 16, parents or legal guardians will also be informed.
We know these tests work - in validation studies conducted by Oxford University and Public Health England, they were shown to be as accurate in identifying a case as a PCR test (99.68% specificity). The tests have lower sensitivity but they are better at picking up cases when a person has higher viral load, hence the need to test frequently.
Testing will be offered free of charge.
1. I have had the opportunity to consider the information provided by the school/college about the testing, ask questions (there is an option at the bottom of the form) and have had these answered satisfactorily (someone will call you to discuss before finalising your consent if you have any questions), based on the information presented in the letter dated 18/12/2020.
2. In the case of under 16s, I have discussed the testing with my child and my child is happy to participate. If on the day of testing they do not wish to take part, then they will not be made to do so and consent can be withdrawn at any time ahead of the test.
3. I consent to my child having a nose and throat swab for a lateral flow test. I understand that the child will be encouraged to complete the swab themselves but test helpers will assist them if they request it.
4. I consent that my child’s sample(s) will be tested for the presence of COVID-19.
5. I understand that if my child's results are negative on the lateral flow test I will not be contacted by the school except where they are a close contact of a confirmed positive.
6. If the lateral flow test indicates the presence of COVID-19, I consent to my child having a nose and throat swab for confirmatory PCR testing, which shall be sent the same day to an NHS Test & Trace laboratory. I will normally need to book this at a test centre and take my child along by dialing 119 or booking via
7. I consent that I / they will need to self-isolate following a positive lateral flow test result, until the results of the confirmatory PCR have been received.
8. I agree that if my child’s test results are confirmed to be positive from this PCR test, I will report this to the school via the
account and I understand that I/ my child will be required to self-isolate following public health advice.
9. I consent that if a close contact of my child tests positive but my child has tested negative, they will continue to attend school and will be tested every day at school for 7 days. This is instead of self-isolation which was previously required. If you would prefer to self-isolate instead of doing daily testing, you can.
10. I understand that this testing is for people without symptoms only. Anyone with symptoms on the day of the test should self-isolate and get a PCR test instead.
Please understand that this is your / your child's choice. You can choose to withdraw, or to opt in at a later point at any time.
Child's First Name
Child's Form Group
Name of Parent
Relationship to child e.g. Mother, Father, Carer
If your child is aged 16 or above they will be able to give their own consent for asymptomatic testing. Please discuss this with your child and indicate here whether they have given consent.
Yes - my child aged 16 above has given consent for asymptomatic testing
No - my child aged 16 or above has not given consent for asymptomatic testing
If your child is under 16 years old, the parent/carer will need to give consent for asymptomatic testing. Please indicate here whether they have been given consent.
Yes - I give consent for my child to have asymptomatic testing
No - I do not give consent for my child to have asymptomatic testing
Email address to register test to (if you have consented).
Mobile phone number to register the test to (if you have consented).
Home postcode to register the test to (if you have consented).
As per the newsletter, we are looking for volunteers to aid with testing. Please let us know here if you able to help and we will contact you the week before we return to school.
Does your child have an internet-enabled device at home for accessing remote learning?
No - my child will need to borrow a school device
Do you need to access Key Worker provision for your child?
Yes - I am a Key Worker and need my Y7-10 child to be in school from Tuesday 5th January
If you need to access Key Worker provision for your child, please indicate what category of Key Worker you fall under:
Health and social care
Education and childcare
Local and national government
Food and other necessary goods
Public safety and national security
Utilities, communication and financial services
Key public services
If your Y7-10 child is eligible for Free School Meals, would you want to collect a Food Parcel from Tuesday 5th January?
I would like someone to call me in the first week of January to discuss further please.
Add any questions or comments here to help us have the best information ready for when we call you back (if requested).
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Reach Academy Feltham.