6th Grade Research Skills Pre-Test
Read the Website Source listed below, then answer the questions that follow.
1. Who is the author of this article?
National Geographic Education
The author is not listed.
David G. Burke
2. How do you know if the publisher of this website is credible?
Because the website looks professional and all the links work, you can assume the publisher is credible .
You’ve seen some interesting shows on TV that are sponsored by this publisher and that means the publisher is credible.
Your parents tell you that you can trust this website.
You click on the “ABOUT” link and learn that the web site is sponsored by “a nonprofit scientific and educational organization.”
3. What is the purpose of this article?
To share the opinions of the author about erosion.
To inform the reader with facts about shoreline erosion.
To sell the reader Chesapeake Bay properties and/or vacations.
To persuade readers to join an organization to protect shorelines.
4. Assuming you have evaluated this web site and have decided to use it because it is a credible resource, what one issue might cause you to look for a different article?
This website was published more than five years ago.
This is an educational web site and a professional web site might be better.
This web site doesn’t have enough pictures.
The website title and article title don’t match.
5. Based on the information provided below choose the best website for researching the climate of Antarctica:
A. Global Warming and Climate Change
B. Polar Cruises
C. Antarctica Weather Conditions
Possible Websites for Researching
Please select your school:
Barnwell Middle School
Bryan Middle School
Francis Howell Middle School
Hollenbeck Middle School
Saeger Middle School
This form was created inside of Francis Howell School District.
Terms of Service